Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Crochet?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Crochet?

Postby Silverfire » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:31 pm

So I didn't see this anywhere and I was wondering, anyone crochet on here?

I'm currently working on a bag for a present to my mom~ I don't have a recent picture but I have this one;

[+] SPOILER

I'm almost done with it~ I just like a bit on the last row then I can wash it and line it and finish the handles~

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:54 am

Re: Crochet?

Postby Diana » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:43 pm

YES.
I wanted to make a crocheting thread, but didn't want to be all intimidating or anything... hurhurhurIcrochet.

That looks awesome! How are you doing the straps/handles? I've made a bag or two before and the pouch part I can get, but the rest of it is beyond me. haha.

I'm working on making my boyfriend a mowhawk hat for christmas... we'll see how it goes. haha. I made the base waaaaaay too big the first time, so I'm in try 2. oTL

Site Admin

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 am

Postby Silverfire » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Ahahaha~ It's okay, I get that :3

Just a addition after it's lined. I'm using this pattern I got from Raverly. I haven't looked at the handle part for too long though ^^; But I know it's just a continuation after you line the bag.

I've made a few hats way too big before too ^^; Although I am lucky, most of my family has curly hair so they don't fit too loosely anyway ahah l'D

Postby Diana » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Oooh! That's cute~
Let me know how that goes and how sturdy + difficult you find the handles when you're done. C:

I've made a few hats before, and I've been reusing my pattern, but like... for some reason this last time it was waaaay too big (like five inches)... I think I used the wrong hook size. D:< We'll see if I did well enough this round. haha.

Site Admin

Postby Silverfire » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:12 pm

It is~ And I feel it's a minor challenge too, since I haven't done much other than making hats and scarves and some very simple gloves. I'd like to add that I can make bags to my list x3 And I will~

Oh man, I had the same problem but without even changing the hook size x.x Yarn type makes a biiiiig difference. I normal just get the cheapy kind, like Red Heart, but I might switch to Carson. It's the same price but a better quality for hats and gloves. Save the RH for blankets and bags...

Although RH has a new line called 'With Love' and it's super soft and not as bulky as the normal Super Saver yarn. They might keep me yet D:<

Good luck!

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:36 pm

I don't crotchet myself but my sister does. In fact she has a her own website where she posts all kinds of crafts she has done on it. If you guys want I can link you to the site. ^^

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Silverfire » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:26 am

That would be cool~ I love looking at other's work and seeing what I need to improve on ^-^

Postby Maro » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 am

Oooh that looks great so far! Are you going to post a picture vvhen it's finished?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:24 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Silverfire » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:57 am

Yup, I will~

Postby Q-tea » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am

I tried learning it a couple of years ago, it was pretty fun when I got the hang of it. I wanted to make stuffed plushies, but they didn't have stuffing in the craft stores so that discouraged me from continuing. I might pick it up again in the future. My mom can crochet and knit and probably everything craft-sy. I wish I was as good as her. = o =;

Postby Silverfire » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:21 am

I started in high school but after a bad break up and college, I stopped completely. Just started back up again this year with that.

I want to make a kitty doll but I don't have any stuffing around. Might have to wait until New Year's before I can get me a small bag and try it ;;

I wish I was a bit more nimble with my fingers. Or I would do more jewelry making ;;

Postby Q-tea » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:49 am

Silverfire

It's nice coming back to a hobby like that even if it's been a long break.
      I enjoy the amount of freedom you have as a creator in crafts and that proud feeling when you finish something. Even if it isn't that good it still gives you joy.
      It's also a very good hobby, you can always leave it and come back whenever you find the time. I hope you manage to make the kitty doll! I'm sure it'll be very cute. ^^

I've never tried jewelry, don't think that's my thing, but I do like looking at what others make. ^^

Postby Blue Jay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 am

If you guys are interested to look at her work this is my sister's page

Postby Silverfire » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:35 am

Q-tea wrote:
      Silverfire

It's nice coming back to a hobby like that even if it's been a long break.
      I enjoy the amount of freedom you have as a creator in crafts and that proud feeling when you finish something. Even if it isn't that good it still gives you joy.
      It's also a very good hobby, you can always leave it and come back whenever you find the time. I hope you manage to make the kitty doll! I'm sure it'll be very cute. ^^

I've never tried jewelry, don't think that's my thing, but I do like looking at what others make. ^^

It is. Plus I came back doing so much better too so that was lovely as well.
I know~ I love picking the colors you like and even trying a little twist to things as well~ Ahaha I look at them and see where I went wrong and try again :3 It's very nice when you get it right the first time though!
Thanks~ I might have the time around the start of the year, unless I get a job or start my classes. Whatever happens first though!

I've tried simple things and enjoyed it. But I sure don't know how to make really complex things yet ^^;

@"Blue Jay"
Ooo awesome~

Postby Blue Jay » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 am

yeah she is quite good at what she does I think.

Next

Return to Crafts