Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Crochet?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Crochet?

Postby Silverfire » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 pm

*pops in* Oh man, that is a super cute scarf :O

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 pm

Postby Lime » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Ah, I'm so jealous! <3 I wish I could crochet. I can't understand any directions, so I only guess. :( And by guessing, I literally mean I don't know anything. xD I got a hook once, asked my mom how to make a loop and just kept.. Trying? I guess. The first thing I ever made was a tiny lion! Because.. Well, honestly I don't know why. Lol. I just really wanted to make a tiny lion. <3 I'll see if I have pictures of it!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Mousy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:12 pm

It's actually my life motto Sanchicho.
I wasn't wearing black socks. I let you guys down. T_T

I NEED to see tiny lion! I hope you find pics! XD

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Sanchicho » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:27 pm

No black socks? 0/8

I want to see the tiny lion too.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:08 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm learning how to and am making a blanket.

I'm thinking about starting a second one as well since I already know how I want that one to look.

I only started this past Christmas.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Keep up with it MonkeyGirl18! I use to sit and watch t.v. and crochet. It was very relaxing. Maybe I should try it again, I am not very good but I enjoyed doing it, can't follow a pattern just made up my own which is easy to do if you are making a blanket.

Postby Silverfire » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Easiest blanket is a granny square. After the starting ring it's basically three double stitches everywhere in a one chain space with a one chain space between them and then three double, two chain, three double for the sides.

Chain three (some people say four but I like three) and two double in a one chain space for a new row even if you are changing colors or not.

They can go on forever too xD

The hardest but best thing to learn is a magic ring for this. Because if you don't want a open hole in the center you can do a magic ring and pull it tight! Then there is no hole. But sometimes it's cute with a little hole too.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:36 pm

I could try to show a picture of what it looks like so far if you're interested.

I'm doing them by attaching granny squares. The second blanket is also going to be made with granny squares, but in a different method. Plus, my second blanket it going to have the same texture on all my colored yarns than my current one where I have yarn of 2-3 different sizes and stuff, lol.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:04 am

If ya want help, bug me. I can bug mom who crochets all the time and has done six skein monsters of afghans
They weigh about 40lbs when done, but are toasty
And yes, that means she's using all six at the same time

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Eruvandir » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:26 am

I used to know how to crochet. Used to. >.<

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 2:08 am

Sometimes, I find myself longing for the feeling of being protected.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 pm

I have never seen 6 skeins done at the same time, that must be so mind boggling to watch!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:16 pm

She makes dad help so the yarn doesn't tangle

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Skeins... Why can't they just call it balls of yarn because skeins is a strange word......

It almost look like skins and that's just weird.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:06 pm

Skein is faster to say and there's prolly a long-lost origin for it

Postby Death by Mirrors » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 am

I've been told it depends on the actual shape of the yarn. A ball would, strictly speaking, mean the circular thing that rolls off every shelf the second you even think about touching it. Whereas a skein is more oval shaped and can be stored better. Then there's a hank, which looks like some twisted braid. But I know I've been using those terms interchangeably in the past, because in the end it's all yarn anyway.

Also I'm learning to crochet at the moment. Small projects, because I'm still slow and don't want to exhaust myself on a whole blanket before I even really got into the craft. So far I've done some flat hanging easter ornaments and am working on a tiny lion right now.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts