Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Crochet?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Crochet?

Postby Flaria » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm sad that all the image were no longer available. xD Most of my crochet is WIP. I'm trying to finish corner to corner blanket for my Dad. More like lap size blanket. Other one is Granny Ripple since easier to follow and count. I couldn't do Granny Square.. I seems to miscalculated somehow.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:05 am

Postby Gwenoir » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 pm

I lack the images at the moment, but I've been working on little plush octopi. It's the eyes that get me, but there's been notable improvement of some descript with each rendition.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:05 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm

You can always sew on googly eyes on your octopi. They sound cute, are they small to fit on a backpack or hang from a bedpost?

Postby Gwenoir » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:00 am

[+] SPOILER
Day 1
2/20

That's an interesting idea. You'd have to have a pretty sharp quilting needle, though! They're smaller than your palm, so definitely feasible!

Postby Polaris » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 pm

Ooh a crocheting thread! How did I not find this until now? Dx

I've recently crocheted a narwhal (patter I got from here) and am planning to try and crochet this pineapple purse for a friend

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Woah that narwhal and pineapple purse looks cute! The pineapple purse kinda reminds me of onions or turnips too

Dang I don't know how to crochet, but love seeing other people's products :cheer:

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:05 pm

Postby Diana » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Polaris wrote:Ooh a crocheting thread! How did I not find this until now? Dx

I've recently crocheted a narwhal (patter I got from here) and am planning to try and crochet this pineapple purse for a friend

Both are really cute!
I was super excited because I thought the purse used the pineapple stitch, but it's actually the shell stitch haha.

Site Admin

Postby Polaris » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:17 am

I thought so too! Though I guess it does make sense to use the shell stitch since it felt (at least while I was crocheting it - not finished though!) sturdier for a purse than the pineapple stitch

Pineapple stitch:
[+] SPOILER

Shell stitch:
[+] SPOILER

Crocheting isn't too hard to get into, at least not as much as knitting in my experience! I find the use of 2 knitting needles harder for me than using the singular crochet needle, but I have met someone who says knitting is easier than crocheting

Previous

Return to Crafts