Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Lolita Fashion

Moderator: Ryvvi

Lolita Fashion

Postby RoorenSama » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Is anyone else here in the lolita hobby?
I don't really get involved in the community (BJD comunity is enough drama already), but I do dress in lolita!
It would be nice to talk to some fellow lolitas since that isn't something I usually do.

I'm a gothic lolita, and I got into the hobby about two years ago when I left high school. I had a strict dress code that was no good for dressing in lolita.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:42 am

Re: Lolita Fashion

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Awww awesome on being a Lolita. I love the fashion of them but wouldn't dress that way. I'm a Boy Lolita so I dress as cute little boy then little girl though. :D

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby ciel » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:29 pm

i always thought classic looked nice, but i don't really have the money to spend on burando ;-;

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 10:42 pm

Postby RoorenSama » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Blue Jay wrote:Awww awesome on being a Lolita. I love the fashion of them but wouldn't dress that way. I'm a Boy Lolita so I dress as cute little boy then little girl though. :D

There are so many girl lolitas, so it's always refreshing to see male lolitas! I love the fashion for boys. :D
Sometimes I dress ouji when I don't feel like dealing with a petti and skirt.

ciel wrote:i always thought classic looked nice, but i don't really have the money to spend on burando ;-;

I love classic lolita. It's so elegant and pretty. ; o ;
I would try my hand at it, but like you said it's so expensive! It's already hard enough for me to get a full wardrobe with matching whites and blacks, so I can only imagine trying to get coords with multiple colors.
x-x;;
I have a few sweet lolita items, but I'll probably end up selling them because I never use them.

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:20 pm

I don't even have to try hard to pass for a kid I'm already turning 30 looking 13. XD If you go into my Nest in the hangout you can see my pictures of my new haircut I got. XD

Postby Mika » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:27 am

I liked a nice Lolita fashion page on Facebook. Some of the dress are adorable, but some of them I just pass over. I only own one dress though but I hardly ever wear it.... When I do see a dress that I like its hard to find one that fits... They have a hard time going past my chest.... Which when I'm at Otakon trying them on, the rude Asian ladies eventually send me away rudely... It can't be helped that I have a large chest! So Lolita escapes me some...

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby RoorenSama » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Mika wrote:I liked a nice Lolita fashion page on Facebook. Some of the dress are adorable, but some of them I just pass over. I only own one dress though but I hardly ever wear it.... When I do see a dress that I like its hard to find one that fits... They have a hard time going past my chest.... Which when I'm at Otakon trying them on, the rude Asian ladies eventually send me away rudely... It can't be helped that I have a large chest! So Lolita escapes me some...

I completely understand how you feel.
I have a large chest, and girls in a similar situation know it's hard to find shirts that fit well. Especially button ups... which is pretty much what Lolitas wear all the time.
I usually have to either go for custom sizes or go for sizing up for the right bust measurement.

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Large chests are a pain to deal with when it comes to finding clothes. >_>

Postby RoorenSama » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Blue Jay wrote:Large chests are a pain to deal with when it comes to finding clothes. >_>

God, yeah... ; m ;
With button-ups there's always that one that passes over your chest, and it shows to underneath your shirt.

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm a transguy so I know all to much the woes. I had to dress up as a Catholic Schoolgirl for years due to what everyone assumed about me and parents being too scared to send me to public school. Ugh! U_U

Postby ciel » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:25 pm

i didn't think of it that way; it's true that matching blacks and whites would give you more coord options!

do you wear it often? i'm a bit of a shut-in, so even if i did purchase some pieces i don't know when i'd ever even use them ;;

sweet seems like it would be difficult to wear, or that you would need a certain setting. however gothic can come across as fashionable to people who aren't familiar with it.

i also think ouji is really cute :3

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 10:42 pm

Postby Mika » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 pm

That's why I never wear button up shirts of any kind... It would annoy me so bad... I think the dress I have bought though, doesn't button and doesn't zip, you just slip it on over your head. And the way its made makes it fit over my chest easily.... But almost all the others never made it far.

Postby RoorenSama » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Blue Jay wrote:I'm a transguy so I know all to much the woes. I had to dress up as a Catholic Schoolgirl for years due to what everyone assumed about me and parents being too scared to send me to public school. Ugh! U_U

Aw man, that sucks. At least now you can do what you want. ; - ;

ciel wrote:i didn't think of it that way; it's true that matching blacks and whites would give you more coord options!

do you wear it often? i'm a bit of a shut-in, so even if i did purchase some pieces i don't know when i'd ever even use them ;;

sweet seems like it would be difficult to wear, or that you would need a certain setting. however gothic can come across as fashionable to people who aren't familiar with it.

i also think ouji is really cute :3

I wear it everyday, but when I first started out, it was hard for me to know when I should wear lolita and when I shouldn't. I thought it would seem strange to switch back and fourth from normal to lolita. ; A ;
By now, the only things in my wardrobe are for lolita, so it's easier to just grab and match.

I know what you mean by it being difficult to wear. Sweet does tend to draw a lot of attention. Once a little girl said I looked like a princes. XD
No matter what style you wear, you're going to get looks though. It's something I've just gotten used to. ; - ;
Now that I'm in the habit of wearing lolita, I feel naked when I wear normal clothes. I guess I could say it gave me more confidence after a while even though people sometimes give me weird looks. There are a lot of passerbys who are genuinely interested in learning about how I dress or asking where I got things though. That's always nice. C:

Mika wrote:That's why I never wear button up shirts of any kind... It would annoy me so bad... I think the dress I have bought though, doesn't button and doesn't zip, you just slip it on over your head. And the way its made makes it fit over my chest easily.... But almost all the others never made it far.

Yeah, getting the right clothes is such a pain. I've had to give a few things to my sister because they didn't fit over my chest. They were super cute too... ; - ;

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Yup once I graduated it's been hoodies all day! :D

Postby Mika » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:55 pm

Funny thing is, I have bought a couple of pieces of hNaoto and they have fit just fine. One piece was even a top. So it baffled me when an off brand Lolita shop had clothes that hardly fit me.

Next

Return to Crafts