Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

New author needed to follow!

Moderator: Ryvvi

New author needed to follow!

Postby Queen Evil Fluffy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:19 pm

All my authors are dying or are old as hell. Marion Zimmer Bradley, Anne McCaffrey, both gone.
Mercedes Lackey, Piers Anthony both old. I'm gonna need new authors. I finally found the books to Incanations of Immortality so I finished them up, I finished the Elemental Masters series and Valdemar series.
While there are still books left in the Darkover novels I have yet to finish I'm gonna run out.

So I need another good fantasy author.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:42 am

Re: New author needed to follow!

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:10 pm

I used to be really addicted to Tales of Deltora and I think Emily Rodda is still writing a sequel to it. ovo

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:42 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:18 pm

when you look at the books you like online there usually pops up a "suggested" list of books that you "might like" maybe try that? But you still wonder how they will be. We have some readers on here that hopefully can give you some good suggestions. I have no idea why I don't take time to read anymore...I barely get through my magazine articles these days.

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:45 pm

How about The Forgotten Realms series? R.A. Salvatore is only 57. Not sure what you consider being too old.
But I go off of the books themselves. If a title catches my interest, I will give it a read. I have been reading a lot of books for children or young adults because I have missed so many of them, or they were not available when I was younger (even though I read all the time when I was little). Just far too many good fantasy books.
If you like vampires and some adult themes, you could read L.A. Banks' The Vampire Huntress Legend.
I really only know books themselves more than anything about the authors unless I look them up on Google.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:42 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Watery Star » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Have you read the Disc World series? I know he is no longer with us but he wrote a lot of books.

Do you like time travel ? I'm enjoying Taylor Jodi's first book in the Chronicles of St. Marys "Just One Damn Thing After Another".

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:42 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Watery, that sounds like it could be a funny book.

Postby Queen Evil Fluffy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:29 pm

Ahh I"m glad to get suggestions. OwO

I'll be looking into those authors and books.

I am interested in fantasy, just fantasy. Any genre of fantasy. Historical fantasy, sci fi fantasy, fantasy fantasy.

Return to The Reading Nook