Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

Monkey Tales (OPEN!)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Monkey Tales (OPEN!)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:58 pm

If you don't understand the joke that is my title, I'm disappointed.

I don't write poetry, but I will probably write random scenes and possibly short stories that I come up with at the top of my head. I may or may not use them in any future stories of mine. But that doesn't matter.

Maybe one day. I don't get poetry.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:01 pm

Re: Monkey Tales

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 am

To Do:

Finish creating my Legend of Zelda OC
    Start writing my Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask fanfic
    Continue to flesh out my Attack on Titan fanfic
    Plan out a skeleton pirate original story
    Plan the final chapter of an older fanfic
    Redo another fanfic of mine

List is in order of interest. I have more interest in writing my Zelda fanfic and least interest in writing the other fanfics to an anime I'm not necessarily a fan of anymore but people still requests me to write or finish writing.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 am

Writing Challenge goes here

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:43 am

Character bios go here

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:44 am

Story settings (my make believe towns and worlds and such) go here

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:44 am

Your Challenges to Me

What makes this different than the writing challenge earlier on in this thread is that the first challenge post is challenges to myself.

So, I had an idea.
You give me a prompt of some kind. Be it 1 single word or a fully detailed prompt for me to write. I get to write it however I choose to, but it's up to you to challenge me.

It needs to follow Windlyn's rules and TOS, obviously, like nothing above PG-13.

I'll put your name and prompt in a list, but I'll do them in whatever order I want to do it.

Fill this out:
Code: Select all
[b][u]I CHALLENGE YOU![/u][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

List:
N/A

Completed:
N/A

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 am

My Challenges to You!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:46 am

Random ideas for stories and characters and such

~Twin sisters, opposites of each other, named Morn and Eve, derived from Morning and Evening obviously. Fantasy/Scifi or something, idk.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:56 am

reserved

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:03 am

reserved

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:03 am

Links to sites I share my writing on

Re: Monkey Tales (OPEN!)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 am

Open for comments!

Not everything is done yet, but I reserved a good amount of posts to work with.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:57 pm

SPOILERS BEWARE!

Oh, man, I have an idea for a new fanfic for Zelda: Majora's Mask.
Like, I make my own character and that character's a resident of Clock Town (Like, if you don't know the game, you'd have a hard time following me on this) and pretty much is a story about them and the 3 days before the end of the world. I might make it to where this character slowly picks up on the looping 3 days, like, for some reason (other than Link) she's the only one noticing. Like, I have to come up with more details and a reason why she experiences that, but yeah. New idea that I'm going to start writing.

Of course, I have to do one bad end that gets restarted. It reminds me of Corpse Party as in how, when a person dies in Heavenly Host, they're doomed to repeat their deaths for all eternity. But this one does a 3 day loop that occurs again and again, only because Link, for the most part, restarts to cycle to continue going to all 4 temples.

Either that, or just someone and their actions for the final 3 days and just be a short fanfic, probably 3 or even 4 chapters long.

I was even considering doing a novelization of the game, taking the whole game and making it into a form of a book.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:43 pm

More ideas:
-Another Zelda idea:
Again with Majora's Mask and with all the other games, a retell of the games, the novelization of the games because I think that would end up being very interesting to do.

-Attack on Titan:
The main character joins the Survey Corps out of losing a bet which came from a joke I had made with my friends when playing a fan-made Attack on Titan game on Gary's mod. I still need to come up with more of the plot before I can even try to write this one.

I also think that I'm going to try to do a one shot series to get myself writing again because I haven't written crap in months and I want to get back into it. I don't know where my passion in writing has went to, but I intend to bring it back.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 am

Yes, I'm going to try to use this more often. I feel the motivation to write coming back, I'm slowly coming out of my oh so terrible writer's block since I started thinking about writing a story. I literally fleshed out an entire fanfic for Majora's Mask in my head while I was driving home from class the other day. And I had also moved past a spot in an Attack on Titan fanfic that I've been stuck with as well.

All I need to do for the Majora's Mask fanfic is to finish creating the character since it's an oc. It's not the same idea as the one previously listed, the character doesn't pick up on the looping 3 days, in fact, it takes the looping 3 days as a chance to give it a second ending and still make sense.

But for the past week I have been obsessing over the little town of Clock Town because for some reason, the impending doom and the reactions of the townsfolk really intrigues me (is that the right word? idk).... Like, I love creepy things in video games. Majora's Mask definitely fills that spot for me. That's why I love the game. I wasn't scared of this game when I was little, in fact, the only thing that scared me was the aliens (idk, but that part always scared me........ Maybe I was just scared of aliens???) but was not scared of the creepiest location in the entire game known as Ikana Canyon, the land where only the dead roam (by the way the game describes it.) That place, while not only creepy, is also kinda interesting, but Clock Town is way more interesting as you experience how, as the third day comes around, how desolate and abandoned the town becomes.

Before I start to ramble about the game, I should just stop it here.

Next

Return to The Reading Nook