Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

What are you currently reading?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What are you currently reading?

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:34 am

Gingerale The TV show is based on the book. I'll see if I can stream it anywhere when I've finished reading it. It is a big chunky book so will probably take me a while.

A few white Brits actively hold on to the belief that Britain was a nation of just white people until the Windrush generation immigrated here in the 1960s. :\ Everyone that lives here has blood from other countries, regardless of skin colour, at some point in their family history. I read a book recently called the The Emperor's Babe by Bernardine Evaristo. It's a book written in verse about a black woman coming of age in Roman London.

I wonder if it was a real book that you dreamt of?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:25 am

Postby Bassy » Tue May 17, 2022 8:12 am

I finished The Traitors Wife last month, I’m onto the Deverill Chronicles. Which is taking me a bit to get into because of her writing style, she jumps too quickly, rather than a smooth transition to the next scene. Or I’m just not focused enough.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:25 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Bassy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:05 pm

Current Read: The Intangible by CJ Washington

About two women, one who is going through a phantom pregnancy and the other (psychiatrists wife) who is so focused on her career rather than her marriage. And how they get through it.

Just only a few chapters in which is like 3 pages long each haha

Postby JinMay » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:14 pm

I am currently reading The Song Of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

I'm only on chapter 3 but the premise is two friends: Achilles and Patroclus join the cause to rescue Helen of Sparta once they learn of her kidnapping and it says here 'Little do they know that the cruel fates will test them both as never before and demand a terrible sacrifice.'

I really only got this book because it mentions Achilles. :)

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:25 am

My Discord
thebossrimi

Tell me who you are and we can be friends on there maybe? :heart:

Postby Arc » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:37 pm

A manga called Unmagical Girl.

Postby Foxx » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:44 pm

I just started a book recommended by the local bookshop owner - the Bear and the Nightingale. So far it seems nice :D

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:25 am

Postby Arc » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:21 pm

Still Unmagical Girl. I've been "reading" it for months and am down to the last chapter, but I'm too busy/ lazy to finish it lol.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Ever since my old library card lapsed, I've been forced to take a break on the final GOT book until one of my current cards gets an opening. So right now I'm 'reading' a sleepy time book: The Late Mrs. Willoughby by Claudia Gray. From what I've heard before falling asleep is pretty fun. It's taking longer as it builds up to the mystery, and I'm enjoying that.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:25 am

Postby TheFellowsheep » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:30 pm

JinMay wrote:I am currently reading The Song Of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

I'm only on chapter 3 but the premise is two friends: Achilles and Patroclus join the cause to rescue Helen of Sparta once they learn of her kidnapping and it says here 'Little do they know that the cruel fates will test them both as never before and demand a terrible sacrifice.'

I really only got this book because it mentions Achilles. :)

How did you like that book? I remember I started it as a bedtime book and got suckered in around the ch 5 mark, although I don't remember much of it at this point, haha.

Postby JinMay » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:07 pm

I'm currently on Ch. 11. It's not bad at all. It's a pretty good read, not super amazing but it's not terrible. It's a bit of a slow read if that makes sense but I like it. I think it will get more interesting later on from what I've read so far.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:54 pm

Haha, that's good! It does, and I remember it being very slice of life-y. I'll have to give it a daytime shot.

Postby JinMay » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:55 pm

It does feel like a slice of life kinda book or like a umm.. coming of age or umm.. finding yourself, figure yourself out kind of vibes. It's a good read. After this book I plan on reading Circe by the same author.

Postby Arc » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:31 am

About to finally start Unmagical Girl volume 2.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:15 am

I'm going to finally finish A Dance with Dragons by GRR Martin. Yaayy!

Previous

Return to The Reading Nook