Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

Witches Spell/Title/ Ya.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Witches Spell/Title/ Ya.

Postby Bassy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:30 am

Hi there lol.

I need your creative minds in head. I want to create a story that is about witches and spells. The story's main conflict is that there is a spell that the witches cast in anger (of something unknown yet) that if you fall asleep, you won't awake. It is a problem that is global and scientists and the government try to fix. This is a modern witch story. Where people don't believe in them. (I don't believe in witches btw.. completely fictional) And a group of people (Unknown) try to fix it with a good witch on their side. And I just now came up with an alimighty Wizard....hm..

I need titles...

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: -->POINT YOUR MOUSE OVER HERE... thank you!

Postby galled » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:44 am

Depending on who is the main character:
- The White Witch

Hard to say or remember, but it fits if this is a thriller:
- Hypnagogia

Maybe you can provide a little more detail about your story? Perspective, genre, main character, etc..

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:55 am

The plot sounds like the wizard of oz and the poppy field. :D

If you want to throw sleep paralysis in there, the japanese demon name for it is kanashibari. Not sure if other cultures have a cute name for it.

Site Admin

Postby ciel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:59 am

somnum/somnus is latin for sleep
maybe it could be the name of the spell that the witches use?

-edit-
another idea
i think dormi also means sleep in some latin languages, maybe you could call it dorminus or something to make it sound cool haha

-editedit-
it' dormio for latin and dormir for spanish & french :3

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 pm

Postby Bassy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:15 am

@ciel: That is...really good.

@galled: I am still preplanning it. I have no idea how the story will go yet. I am still working on it. Though the main character isn't the good witch. I came up with Bella the main character and Ebony the good witch.

@Diana: it's more of a thriller than an old classic. It's something more like The Vampire Diaries feel. But no vampires. Just a world of witches and humans. Believers and nonbelievers.

Postby ciel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:17 pm

yay :3

don't forget if you use one of the names i demand royalties when this goes on to become a worldwide best seller!

^ it's a joke LOL

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 pm

Postby Bassy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:25 pm

I still need a title for the Wizard. Or should I just do a same, that sounds mighty..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:19 pm

I like Ciel's idea of using historical languages.

Not wake up from a sleep spell - isn't that similar to sleeping beauty? -sorry- couldn't resist. Actually there are stories with themes of people put in coma's that can't be woken. Maybe you actually get to see in the brain of some of the characters who have been put to sleep - like it is a different world for them in there. (Actually , if you don't use that idea maybe I will!). So in your story they have to come up with the spell or way to break the enchantment?

Postby Bassy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:05 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake - The conflict is more challenging as there is no true love to awake them or some science. It's witch driven that only witches can spell and despell. I still want to come up with details to make it more suspensful... maybe it's a painful sleep or your body starts decaying faster... or some other. It's kind of thriller mixed in like the setting of the Vampire Diaries but this has no vampires, and it's just humans and witches.
I had an idea where a meteor falls and releases gas that makes people fall asleep / die I guess. And scientists create a perfume to keep you at least from dying. But I found my witch Idea a bit better.
Witches are known for their use of Latin for their spells. (Not like children stories witches) I'm still trying to figure out the spell to break it. (The only male wizard in the world knows)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:39 pm

I didn't read the vampire diaries and I think I saw a couple episodes? but not from the beginning so I had no idea what they were about. (I think they were called vampire diaries - was there another vampire show besides twilight?)

Postby okios » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:59 am

Do you have more background info on the wizard such as age, personality? Is he a good/bad guy?

Maybe the male wizard could be named after called Mephisto(pheles)? It's a name that references to the classic tale of Faust, a dissatisfied/greedy scholar. Mephistopheles is the guy who offers unlimited knowledge and pleasure in exchange for his soul. That name was the first one that popped up in my mind since your unnamed almighty wizard and Mephistopheles have the power to give information.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:49 pm

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby Bassy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I didn't read the vampire diaries and I think I saw a couple episodes? but not from the beginning so I had no idea what they were about. (I think they were called vampire diaries - was there another vampire show besides twilight?)

I never read them but I watched the TV series. A lot of blood (of course haha) and romance and drama. It is in a world like today where there are cars, cells, etc. Not in the era of the Witch trials or like The Wizard of Oz ordeal. The TV series The Vampire Diaries was based of the book series.

okios wrote:Do you have more background info on the wizard such as age, personality? Is he a good/bad guy?

Maybe the male wizard could be named after called Mephisto(pheles)? It's a name that references to the classic tale of Faust, a dissatisfied/greedy scholar. Mephistopheles is the guy who offers unlimited knowledge and pleasure in exchange for his soul. That name was the first one that popped up in my mind since your unnamed almighty wizard and Mephistopheles have the power to give information.

I haven't gotten into detail on him yet. I'm gonna say a man in his 60's. Not too old. But not too much in his middle age. I don't know whether he is gonna be a nice man or a mean man. (To avoid Mary sue. Though there is nothing wrong with a nice man.) But your idea of naming him after that tale of Faust, it is a really good idea. To exchange a soul to de-spell the spell. But thinking about the spell. Should I do something more terrifying than just a never ending sleep spell?

Postby galled » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:43 pm

What would be terrifying is the curse isn't just to put people to sleep, but the people sleeping have never-ending nightmares and you'll eventually die from the stress/fear!

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:52 pm

The spell could also be a banned magic that is hard for a witch to get their hands on so the good witch has to figure out a way to get her hands on the spell to despell the folks affected.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Galled, sounds like the "Lost" series but an interesting twist.

Monkeygirl, the spell would definitely have to have some challenge to get it.

Next

Return to The Reading Nook