Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

Witches Spell/Title/ Ya.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Witches Spell/Title/ Ya.

Postby Bassy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:17 am

Oooohh.. Interesting. So I think I could make it work. Or eventually will take your soul (Thats how you die)

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:16 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:44 am

ahhhhhhh <runs away screaming> I think that would work - it would scare me!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 4:16 am

Postby Bassy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:07 pm

NIghtmares that eventually eats your soul up. Yes. It takes three days for the sleep spell to finally wear off and kill. Probably my first like...bloody story lol...creepy story

Postby galled » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:35 pm

I will suggest (just in case you hadn't considered them yet):

- The harder the quest (the thing that holds the good witch from fixing the problem/defeating the bad witch) is, the more interesting it'll be for the reader.

- The bad witch needs to appear undefeatable.

- You have to setup the good witch to be likable or the reader won't care about them or care if they succeed

- The bad witch needs to have a logical reason for doing what they're doing (they can't just be bad because they're bad--or you'll have a 2 dimensional character that will seem unbelievable)

Good to see you're doing your "writing" before you start actually writing! Sounds like you're having fun! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Bassy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:42 pm

The bad witches are original witches that are angry (Considered bad) with the Humans for centuries for destroying a ceremonial ground and the witches are taking revenge and never forgiven the humans for what they did to their grounds.

Postby galled » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 pm

I would submit that you should have some more recent reason or one that makes a little more sense to a modern human. What you've got is more like a Greek mythology logic (akin to a lot of middle eastern reasoning for terrorism/feuding). The humans in your story would be generations after the original perpetrators.

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Like the witches are still Angry Though their souls may be in a new form of body, they carry their burden in there. There is a group of college students involved when they're out on a camping trip when they encounter some sort of phenomenon. Maybe an old ceremonial ground that is "left vacant" but really isn't. And when they party in the woods, they do something that angers the witches.

Previous

Return to The Reading Nook