Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

Reading List

Moderator: Ryvvi

Reading List

Postby Bassy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:57 pm

I have several books that I want to read. I finished the Divergent trilogy and I still need to read Four. I am reading Matched right now. But there are books I still want to read.

1. The Catalyst Series by Laurie Halse Anderson
2. The Pledge By Kimberly Derting
3. Legend Seires By Marie Lu
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower By Stephen Chbosky
5. Just Listen By Sarah Dessen
6. The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald

What are you planning to read?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:05 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Reading List

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 pm

i never read the divergent series, but watched the first movie, the second I think is in theaters now? how did you find the books compared to the movies?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:05 pm

Postby Bassy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Insurgent is not in theaters just yet. March 20th is its coming.
The books were better. I was mad that they didn't put an important part of a character's misfortune from Peter. He had an important role in Insurgent. Read the books, dear lord. You will find out what happened.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Mine is, in no specific order:
1. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, my blind date for Valentine's Day, LOL.
2. Hush, Hush
3. The Maze Runner
4. An Abundance of Katherines
5. Mortal Instruments Series
6. The last two Hunger Games books
7. the Harry Potter Series
8. Looking For Alaska
9. The rest of the House of Night Series (after book 5)

I have another one, I just can't recall the name of it...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:33 pm

so Monkeygirl did you see the movie of maze runner?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:34 pm

No. i want to read the book first

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:00 pm

sometimes I like watching the movie first because normally if I read the book first then I usually am disappointed. If I do it the other way round then I can get my questions from the movie answered and am pleasantly surprised.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Well, if you read the book first, you would understand and know what had not made it into the movie and wouldn't have to worry about having to read the book for the answer because you would already be able to answer your own questions.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:12 pm

yea, but if the movie can inspire me to read the book then all the better...I hate loving a book only to have it ruined in the movie or have them miss out on what I think is important aspects or glaze over character development that I feel is important to the story.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:58 pm

But if you watch the movie then the book, you'd get disappointed still that they didn't use that scene, lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:00 pm

but it wouldn't matter so much cause now I would know the truth....and I wouldn't have to watch the movie again but I could read the book again and imagine it in my head the way it should have been....

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:03 pm

At least with the knowledge from the book then watching the movie, you can compare the image of the character you had in your head to the characters portrayed in the movie and see how close or how far you were. Lol.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:13 pm

true, i watched/read with the Jane eyre and I think there were 3 different movies done

Postby Mousy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:49 pm

hmmm I dunno what my list will be, but since it's spring break for me, I can run to my library and stock up for the week. :lol:
Although, If i'm going to be completely honest with myself, I'll probably only read a book that i've been putting off for my classroom. it's just sooooo boring. :evil:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:05 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:04 pm

I loved when my Teachers read to the class. But it was hard not to get the book and read ahead.

let's see, isn't 5th grade island of the blue dolphin, get a clue? Trying to think of the books that interest that age..what was the one that deals with the museum, had a funny name? hmmm.... one that was something about being dangerous for your health if you read it... how about the charlie bone or septimus heap series ...peter and the shadow thieves, the city of ember series (another disappointing movie - where did that giant mole come from!?!?!) the warrior cat series....

Next

Return to The Reading Nook