Read a good book lately and want to talk about it? Need suggestions on what to read next? Want to start a book club? Write your own literature? This is the place to be!

Reading List

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Reading List

Postby silverberry » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:31 am

Currently pushing through 'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco. It's basically a medieval monastery murder mystery, written as though it was a manuscript by a monk (which kinda makes it funny - the author nailed the tone). The vocabulary is much more flowery than what I'm used to - I'm googling word definitions every other paragraph!

Recently finished 'The Way of Kings' by Brandon Sanderson. Though the series will be on hold until I get around to purchasing the second book.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:39 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:30 am

That first book sounds similar to 'Dissolution' by CJ Sansom. It's set in the early Tudor period when the monasteries in England were dissolved. It's about a lawyer who's sent by Thomas Cromwell to investigate a murder of one of his commissioners (the commissioners were sent to assess the wealth of a monastery and report it back to Cromwell, on King Henry VIII's orders). 'The Name of the Rose' sounds interesting!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:39 am

Postby Bassy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:17 pm

I read the first three books to The Folk if the Air series, and now I’m reading the magnolia palace, a historical fiction about a murder and models in early 1900s

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 4:39 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Bassy » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:28 am

I need to make a list of all the books I have to read that on my TBR that I have already (or on the way because I ordered some more hahaha)

I’m reading ACOMAF and almost done with this 600 page book. I wanna read something else before I go to the third book

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 4:39 am

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:04 am

'How to Kill My Family'

Not worth it, not worth the read :)))) AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA
I'm currently on Chapter 17th trying hard to finish it

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:39 pm

Previous

Return to The Reading Nook