Want to rate and review movies? Want to know what to watch next?

Last movie you watched?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Last movie you watched?

Postby Mousy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:38 pm

I finally watched a movie! I can properly post in here!
I watched Princess and the Frog. XD

I'm not sure if there is anything out in theaters right now that I want to see.. hmm...

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:53 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby wolf » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:42 pm

I watched Citizen Kane in my Intro to American FIlm class today.
It was an interesting movie!

I finally know what "rosebud" means!

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 11:53 pm

I'm wolf!
Ce'st la vie!

Postby galled » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:54 pm

wolf wrote:I watched Citizen Kane in my Intro to American FIlm class today.
It was an interesting movie!

I finally know what "rosebud" means!

HI!

Where are you taking your class (what school)? Can you list some of the movies you'll be seeing?

I majored in motion pictures (NYU).

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 9:53 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Vivi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:04 pm

The substitute, the newer film. Wasn't bad. Some parts tied in nicely.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:53 pm

Sure I am. What's your point?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:08 pm

I like the coming attractions fro Jupiter Ascending but haven't heard from anyone how it actually was. Was it worth the $10 movie ticket cost? (Or more depending on what time of the day and what theater you go to).

Postby wolf » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:31 pm

galled

Hi! I'm a theatre major at Coastal Carolina University.
I've watched Jaws and Citizen Kane so far, the instructor has shown us clips from Bringing Up Baby, North by North West, It Happened One Night, The General, Stagecoach, and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

Postby galled » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:58 pm

wolf wrote: Hi! I'm a theatre major at Coastal Carolina University.
I've watched Jaws and Citizen Kane so far, the instructor has shown us clips from Bringing Up Baby, North by North West, It Happened One Night, The General, Stagecoach, and Mr Smith Goes to Washington.

@wolf

Theatre is very different from screen work, so that's great you're getting exposed, as it were. ;)

That's a pretty well-rounded list. I think the only differences in my intro class was we screened BIRTH OF A NATION, THE FRONT PAGE, and RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARC (we didn't watch STAGECOACH or BRINGING UP BABY). So did JAWS hold up for you? It's been a while since I've seen it, but the last time I saw it, it still kept me engaged.

Server Administrator

Postby wolf » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 am

galled wrote:@wolf

Theatre is very different from screen work, so that's great you're getting exposed, as it were. ;)

That's a pretty well-rounded list. I think the only differences in my intro class was we screened BIRTH OF A NATION, THE FRONT PAGE, and RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARC (we didn't watch STAGECOACH or BRINGING UP BABY). So did JAWS hold up for you? It's been a while since I've seen it, but the last time I saw it, it still kept me engaged.

It is indeed! I love my major, but i've always been very interested in film.
We talked about Birth of a Nation, and W.D. Griffith of course. But not the others.This was my first time seeing Jaws actually! I liked it, but knowing about the repercussions it had for sharks and the mass fear it instilled in people makes me sad. Sharks are one of my favorite animals.

Postby OongaChaka » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Last movie I watched was Wetlands.
It was disgusting and great.
I loved it.

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 8:53 pm

Postby galled » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:41 pm

wolf wrote:It is indeed! I love my major, but i've always been very interested in film.
We talked about Birth of a Nation, and W.D. Griffith of course. But not the others.

BIRTH OF A NATION is *very* long. And being a silent picture makes it seem even longer IMHO! What made it special for cinema is nothing that massive had ever been done before.

THE FRONT PAGE was considered to be the epitome of screwball comedy (what is now known as the ROM/COM). Well, then there's RAIDERS...[/quote]

wolf wrote:This was my first time seeing Jaws actually! I liked it, but knowing about the repercussions it had for sharks and the mass fear it instilled in people makes me sad. Sharks are one of my favorite animals.

Glad you liked it. The rubber shark looks/looked pretty bad in real life, but since the movie was directed so well, it didn't matter. I once lived near Amityville (Amity in the movie was supposedly based on it) before I moved to the west coast and now live where we have shark attacks quite often, so perhaps it's a bit more real to me. Sharks are amazing, but I'm a little less enamored by them if they think I'm food if you know what I mean. :o

Let us know if you see any other good ones you like. Or hate. :)

Server Administrator

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:22 am

Watched Kingsman the other day~ I loved it! i didnt go in expecting it to be so comedic so i was really surprised

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 3:53 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:41 pm

I didn't realize Kingsman was out yet! Glad to hear you are getting out and enjoying yourself Ryv

Postby Eruvandir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 am

I just watched The Pan's Labyrinth yesterday. It was beautiful >.<

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 12:53 pm

Sometimes, I find myself longing for the feeling of being protected.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm

have not seen Pan's labryinth - is it a science fiction?

Postby Eruvandir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:42 pm

It's fiction. It's in Spanish though, so you'll have to find a copy with English Subs =)

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 12:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV