Want to rate and review movies? Want to know what to watch next?

Last movie you watched?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Last movie you watched?

Postby petal » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:16 am

Though I'm way late on it, here's Chappie talk - from what I've heard (interviews), the movie was made mostly because the director really liked the band Die Antwoord (the 2 members are main characters). They make some decent stuff, I guess, but their tone's kinda too weird for me.

Anyways, I watched the G.I. Joe remake movie. I thought it was dumb but fun, though I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if paid for it (saw over streaming service).

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:45 am

Postby Lime » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 pm

The last movie I watched was Repo! The Genetic Opera.

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not, but I bawl my eyes out.. Every. Single. Time.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:45 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:26 pm

I watched Insurgent. I have never read the books so I don't know how the movie compares... there was the premise for a good story but it felt like it fell short to me and not much seemed to be getting revealed I was getting annoyed with the main characters so I was disappointed overall. The "revelation" of the box and beyond the wall reminded me of the ending of the movie Maze Runner and the idea of factions reminded me of the hunger games - and I felt like : were you drinking coffee and exchanging ideas while you wrote these?

I liked the book the ember city but I was disappointed with the movie adaption. Not having read the book for the before mentioned movies I don't know how they compare and if it would be worth reading the books. Anybody actually read the books and seen the movies?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:45 am

Postby galled » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:and I felt like : were you drinking coffee and exchanging ideas while you wrote these?

This is how Hollywood does things. They all copy each other. Ever notice how there's a string of Hercules movies all come out at the same time? :strain:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Silverfire » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 pm

The Equalizer. If you like old men being badasses, go watch it.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:45 pm

Postby Lime » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I watched Insurgent. I have never read the books so I don't know how the movie compares... there was the premise for a good story but it felt like it fell short to me and not much seemed to be getting revealed I was getting annoyed with the main characters so I was disappointed overall. The "revelation" of the box and beyond the wall reminded me of the ending of the movie Maze Runner and the idea of factions reminded me of the hunger games - and I felt like : were you drinking coffee and exchanging ideas while you wrote these?

I liked the book the ember city but I was disappointed with the movie adaption. Not having read the book for the before mentioned movies I don't know how they compare and if it would be worth reading the books. Anybody actually read the books and seen the movies?

I did read the Divergent series, but I kinda sped-read them, because they were my friend's book and I only had them for two days.

The books are decent, I generally liked them. The Hunger Games books were way better. The Divergent series though was written by a first-time author. I think she's 23 or so, so of course it's to be expected.

But I do suggest if you like an easy read, go for Hunger Games first, then Divergent. :) I want to read Maze Runner, but I haven't gotten around to it yet- another popular teen novel that eventually one of my friends is going to make me read, aha.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:56 pm

That's pretty impressive to be so young and not only get books published but have them made into films!I had no idea.

Postby Dragon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 pm

I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel! (again)

If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it!

Postby frenchtoast » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:03 pm

l u c y ; for the second time

Postby galled » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Dragon wrote:I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel! (again)

If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it!

Agreed! Incredible movie.

Server Administrator

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:08 am

I started 1984 (the film) last night because I wanted to see how it compares to the book.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:10 am

the black and white film or the remake?

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:39 am

I wasn't aware that there was more than one. The one I saw was in color and actually released in 1984.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 pm

I think thee was one done in the 1950's.Speaking of older movies of books...

Have you read the book farenheit 451 or seen the movie? (It was filmed in the 1970's I think)

Postby I Shall Engrave » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:35 am

I was required to read it before I started high school. I vaguely remember what it was about. I'll try to look it up. Right now I'm watching Se7en

PreviousNext

Return to Movies & TV