Want to rate and review movies? Want to know what to watch next?

Lord of the Rings

Moderator: Ryvvi

Lord of the Rings

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:15 am

I can't remember if I've posted a thread on Lotr or not owo. Might be getting confused with another site xD

Anywho! If anyone is as crazy about lotr as I am, here's a good place to talk about it! I fell in love with the movies and books when I was a teenager, and have been a massive fan ever since.

My favourite movie out of the three has got to be The Fellowship. Even though it doesn't have as many battles and action scenes as the other two, and it basically sets the stage, I just love it so much.

So which movie is your favourite? What characters do you like best? Etc etc!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:48 am

Image Image

Re: Lord of the Rings

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:48 am

mm i have to say the two towers
idk why
i think i like aragorn best /swoons

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:08 am

Aragorn is definitely swoon worthy, but for me Boromir is the best <3

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:57 am

boromir makes me so sad tho T_T

Postby Silverfire » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:06 am

Eeee. I''m actually watching LotR right now xD

I wasn't able to make it all the way through the books though. But I love the movies.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 9:48 am

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:08 pm

Boromir dying is really sad, but I love his character <3

The books can be a bit tough for some people, I know it took me a while to read them all xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:15 pm

Loved the books and the movies but it has been a long time since I read/saw them...maybe time to again....

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:48 am

Postby Shakespeare » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:47 am

owo should definitely watch them!
I might watch the Fellowship tonight :D

Postby Dragon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Omgggggg I love Tolkien! I have the Simarillion and everything!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Can you imagine the character Aragon played by any one else then Viggo Mortensen? Apparently it was offered to others... Viggo looks so good in a beard, it compliments his strong chin!

I think one of the reasons LOTR movies are so good is because they matched the actors with the characters so well that you get consumed with the characters and forget about the actors.

I love how Orlando Bloom can change his appearance for so many parts but I think my favorites are Legolas the blond long haired elf in Lord of the rings and his WIll character in Pirates of the Caribbean

Postby Dragon » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:07 pm

Viggo Mortensen was the perfect Aragorn indeed.

Not only the pairings with the characters and the actors, but also the soundtracks ARE SO GOOD. The music in the films is absolutely amazing. It helps to set the tone of the films and makes you get more immersed in the lore and everything :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Sound tracks can definitely make or break a movie. I have watched some movies where the sound tracks were so distracting they ruined the movie.

Postby Dragon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Lemon Cheesecake Agreed. Some movies have horrible soundtracks, thankfully LotR is not one of them! :heart:

There are also like a million tribute bands for Tolkien's work, and most of them have good songs. :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:26 pm

Now, the latest Hobbit movies were waaaayy to long for me. Don't know if it was because I had already seen the cartoon and a different version and knew that the story could be condensed but after seeing part 2 of the Hobbit and STILL not seeing the battle of Smaug I felt like, hurry up and get on with it! So as a result I didn't even bother to watch part 3 yet. Is it even worth it?

Postby AidanFoa » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:36 pm

I think my favourite movie out of the three is The Two Towers, just because of the Ents. But The Return of The King is a very close second.
I don't think I could ever see anyone other than Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn now. He did a wonderful job portraying that character. But I think my favourite is Gimli. Don't ask me why because I don't know. x) Oh! And Galadriel! I just love the mysterious air around her, and again Cate Blanchett did a great job portraying her.
Overall you can tell how much work went into making the movies. There was a tremendous amount of care put into every single step of their creation, which I think is maybe why they still hold up so well even now.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:48 pm

Return to Movies & TV