Looking to buy, sell or trade items? Set up shop right here!

From Vivianne with love ~ commemorative gift

Moderator: Sanchicho

From Vivianne with love ~ commemorative gift

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:48 pm

From Vivianne with love ~

Vivianne is no longer with us but her spirit is. Her wish was to be able to come back and "haunt Windlyn" because "Windlyn gave me a space to be myself and experience some fleeting happiness".

Sadly, Vivianne lost her battle with a debilitating neurological disease in May 2020 but the jokes and puns and posts she wrote remain. Vivianne loved cute animals and in the last month of her life she shared with us some of the artwork she drew on her tablet.

In honor of Vivianne, Diana has made a special commemorative item using one of those bunny drawings as a gift.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 pm

Re: From Vivianne with love ~

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:52 pm

Vivianne requested that her items be given to other members and so I will be facilitating that for her into a charity from Vivianne with love.... Don't be too shocked if you receive a PM from Vivianne!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:52 pm

saving

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:55 pm

please no spamming ~ you are welcome to leave a comment about Vivianne or the commemorative item that embodies who she was.
:heart:

*Special thank you to Cloudy for contributing items to Vivianne's gifting thread. :hug:

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:10 am

I can't believe it's been so long since she passed away. I really miss talking to her. She was dealt a bad hand in life but her perseverance was really admirable. She was such a strong person.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 pm

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:30 am

Ugh she seems like such a lovely person, if there's any regrets, it would be not finding out Windlyn sooner and meeting with her soon... Damn yall making me cry too :' (((( *hugs*

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

Postby kuriyumi-chan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:43 am

Hearing this is kinda sad. I don't know her but hearing about her from you guys she seem to have been a very nice person. It would've been nice if she was still here to see what's going on with the site.

:L_Wing: Happiness is hard to gain but I still yearn for it. :R_Wing:

Postby npixelz » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:40 am

She was such a bright spot in Windlyn. Windlyn itself is bright, but she shone beautifully in the site. Her posts brought laughter, tears, smiles, and warm feelings every time you saw her. She was here for but a moment, but her spirit and brightness lives on in our memories, and in our hearts. We will always remember you, Vivianne. Forever in our hearts

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Mouse » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:05 am

Honestly, it's been kind of hard on me to get on this site because I would like to chat with her more. I will make a better Avi with the tablet for her later on today with some items I know she liked to use. I will miss her a lot she had so much spunk and spirit. I miss her and I can't believe it's been 6 months since she left us. I hope she's resting easy.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:51 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:36 am

This is the perfect way to remember her! Her art is so adorable and i'm glad Diana was able to immortalise it into an item. I'm sure Vivianne doesn't want us to be sad, but I miss seeing her around a lot. :cry: Thank you Diana and Lemon for everything you're doing for her :heart:

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Re: From Vivianne with love ~ commemorative gift

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Lovely tributes everyone! Of course, as ShiroGem said, Vivianne would not want us to be sad! She'd rather give us something to laugh about! Which is why her bunny drawing is on the item. You can check out her other artwork on her Experimental cheebs thread.

I did get the opportunity to private message with Vivianne as the time for hospice got closer. For her, Windlyn was a refuge where she could be the person she was inside with no judgments on her physical appearance and she really appreciated all of your friendships. She was a fighter and up until the last days was STILL posting. She even read through your messages on the farewell to Vivianne thread and said how much it blessed her.

One thing about Vivianne was she did not want to dwell on her illness or be known for it and if you go through her posts you will see that she always has something positive or witty to say. and despite her set backs physically she could gift out anybody on the Valentine's gifting event!

Part of her, and all of you, live on in the posts on Windlyn. Think about it, who you are is immortalized in what you say and do on here.

You'll be happy to know Vivianne was excited Diana was going to make an item in remembrance of her. As the first member of Windlyn to pass away, I thank Diana for the lovely tribute to Vivianne and for making the item a commemorative gift.

Thank you Diana for your sweet, thoughtful heart! :heart:

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Thank you, Diana. It's a wonderful tribute for a much loved member of Windlyn. <3

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 pm

Postby Vivianne » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:16 pm

the spirit of Vivianne thanks you ~
I'm in the process of sending out the gift requests from Vivianne to all you who were her friends. So be prepared to be spoofed! <by Lemon the medium for the spirit of Vivianne>

This avatar is how Vivianne wanted to be remembered.
:heart:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Postby Polaris » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Gosh I'm tearing up thinking about Vivianne and her wonderful drawings. (Also checked my PMs before I checked this thread so I had a slight scare when I got a PM from Vivianne's account oh gosh)

Thank you Diana for the commemorative item tribute, and thank you Vivianne for gracing us with your warmth!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby galled » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Thank you, Diana and everyone for such a lovely tribute to Vivianne. What I found most inspiring about her was despite all of her setbacks, her personality/spirit still sparkled brighter than most for all of us. It still boggles my mind that although she became deaf and all but completely blind so much that it hurt her eyes to try and read, and her loss of dexterity in her hands, she managed to draw such cute animals. If I recall correctly, I think she drew a picture of the duck she used to watch in front of her house.

Vivianne will always remain an inspiration for me. I will always remember that no matter how bad things may get in my life, Vivianne has shown me that it could always be much worse, but you can handle it by making the best of it and carry on with dignity and love.

We miss you dear one, but you'll never be forgotten! <3 :hug: :broken_heart:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.