Digital or traditional. Drawings, paintings, animations, or comics. Critiques, showoff, and much more!

Art challenges

Moderator: Ryvvi

Art challenges

Postby Q-tea » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:39 am

I wanted to make a list of all the art challenges out there. I know there are always new ones popping up so if you know of one that’s not list please share.

Let’s talk about your experience with these art challenges. Have you done one? Did you find it challenging or not really?

Monthly Challenge

Mermay
Inktober
Drawlloween

One-time

Draw this in your style
Meet the artist
Artist quirks
[insert show]-sona

I’m on my phone so I’ll make this more pleasing once I’m on the desktop

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 am

Re: Art challenges

Postby Arc » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:30 pm

Excuse the 4 year late response ^^;

Of the ones you've listed, the only challenge I've tried was Inktober. I tried it twice but failed each time. I've even tried to make my own art challenge back in March, but failed that like 6 days in. I lose interest in things pretty quickly, which causes me to lose motivation, which then makes committing to things (like challenges) pretty hard. @-@;

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:57 am

Postby HeeCawRoo » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:47 am

ive tried inktober a couple times but doing anything every single day is tough for me, so ive never gotten through a whole month. its fun though! following prompts is always nice, i have trouble getting myself to draw if i cant think of something. and ive wanted to do mermay, but i keep forgetting.

ive done meet the artists before, but apparently ive never saved any of mine so i dont have any of them anymore. sad.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:57 am

Postby silverberry » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:38 am

Drawing memes are fun ones! There's the "Draw the squad" challenges, usually with a really chaotic photo. "Ship Dynamics" memes typically just illustrate a ship, but some artists go out of there way to make really wacky poses that also work as a drawing meme.

This one became a drawing meme for a bit - the challenge was that it has to be your two comfort characters.

_Star_ maybe there's a drawing inspo here-

Edit: some more drawing challenges

Goretober
Drawtober
Artober
Witchtober
Swordtember (though I see Swordtober too)
Funguary
Creatuanary

6 Character Fanart Requests template

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:57 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby _Star_ » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:05 am

!! I JUST SAW THIS IM SORRY

Hi, yes, hello-- I've tried inktober before somewhere around high school?? damn. I was really digging into ink art but then never got into inktober after school ended. All my pens dried lolol
(it was a fun challenge! iirc i tried getting to the end but failed, missed a couple of days-- but it was fun!)

wonder if i should try the new inktober. But im worried that im not as good as i use to.
speaking of drawing memes--

I've been meaning to get around this art meme where you draw your ocs and give them their corruption/redemption arcs [zoom]

Postby silverberry » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:51 pm

I can never finish a whole batch of Inktober. I start flagging around a week or two in, and can't draw fast enough to catch up. The prompts are fun, though.

OC corruption arc is a neat prompt, but my OCs would not appreciate that after what I already put them through for their backstory and chara dev.

Postby _Star_ » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:47 am

This one doesnt have an official template but basically its a challenge where you draw the opposite of your artstyle-- here's one of it i found.

art by @par0llel

Postby silverberry » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:49 pm

_Star_ wrote:This one doesnt have an official template but basically its a challenge where you draw the opposite of your artstyle-- here's one of it i found.

art by @par0llel

Ok this sounds fun-- Now to figure out what in the world my artstyle is-

Return to Art