A place to store, or show off your art for all to see!

shiro's sketchbook

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: shiro's sketchbook

Postby murmurlade » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm

@kyuun
im self studied, i don't go to a school ^^
i study what subjects i want and take the exams as a private candidate--- it also means im not confined by years and can skip! in many schools, the three sciences (biology, physics and chemistry) are compulsory subjects, but im terrible in those!

@cheese
wahhhhh, thank u so much cheese! ;v; it makes me super happy drawing for other ppl bc i get to see their reactions! (shiros always a fun person to send things to lmao)

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:16 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Kyndreth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Art is so not for me. I'm bad at it XD

Ahhhhhh, dangit. I seee, that's why. Don't they usually have study plans for homeschooled people though? But dang, that discipline. I'd never study if I was homeschooled... which explains that.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Kyndreth's Story Thread | Kyndreth's Pets

Kyndreth Sings Discord Link!
Thursdays 7pm CDT

Postby murmurlade » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 pm

@kyuun
if you have tutors or take online schooling then i suppose yes? but i am literally self-taught lmao
but i miss school! and like... its one of the reasons im a hikikomori LMAO

Postby Kyndreth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:07 pm

No like... I think in the US there are requirements that must be met every year or something when you're homeschooling so...

But dang. homeschooling and self-teaching. Totally beyond me. I lack that discipline.

I wanna be able to be a hikikomori... except that the stress and guilt I'd feel and that subtle pressure... would be too much for me. Maybe I could go be some trophy wife or something, but I lack the prettiness or the housecleaning or interests for that. So nevermind! Plus, I'd just hate that lifestyle too.

Postby Dream » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:39 pm

I learn better in school. When I was homeschooled for a few years I had to discipline and force myself to finish my work. Even if I had the freedom, the program I was part of felt like a jail. You have all of these classes to complete and different teachers to talk to on certain occasions. I rather go back to school and that is what I did to finish when I was in highschool.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Deity.

I may seem extra.

Postby galled » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:13 pm

I think it really depends on where you are in your education in addition to your work ethic. I think i would have floundered in homeschooling early in my education, but today I'd rather go with a homeschooling (internet would be ideal) program today. After so many years of school, I've come to realize how much time is wasted in class, and just traveling back and forth that I would rather use that time doing other things.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:16 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Dream
You should check the very bottom of page 12 because I finished some art for you ^^

Honestly I don't mind school that much... but the amount of time spent in class wasted and the amount of homework that they give us.. to much. One of my classmates have been getting full marks (well more like 31/32) but she gets two hours less sleep than I do. We're all dead chicks at this point. xD
I also wished I had more time to do other things, like drawing or learning a language or how to cook but that is beyond me at this point. orz

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby galled » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Well, the good news is it has an end (you graduate!). Hang in there, it doesn't last forever!

What is that line from the war movie? The sergeant yells as his exhausted men, "Sleep when you're dead!" :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Postby Dream » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:11 am

ShiroGEM wrote:Dream
You should check the very bottom of page 12 because I finished some art for you ^^

Honestly I don't mind school that much... but the amount of time spent in class wasted and the amount of homework that they give us.. to much. One of my classmates have been getting full marks (well more like 31/32) but she gets two hours less sleep than I do. We're all dead chicks at this point. xD
I also wished I had more time to do other things, like drawing or learning a language or how to cook but that is beyond me at this point. orz

Ohh I didn't know you was finished. I have not been on here for a couple of days. xD

Postby Dream » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:14 am

ShiroGEM wrote:I've heard of Vampire Diaries but never had interest in watching it. //kicked/ Since i'm not really one for dramas.

Dream

I'm more into unique supernatural type shows or anime in general. I do not really watch slice of life anymore.

OMG *jaw drops * Very very beautiful piece of art! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 am

Band camp had a t-shirt that said that. Marching band ftw!?

We did like... 2-4 hours of marching 2 hours of playing music... 5 days a week in the summer. If you were in the competitive marching band... I think you got... an extra 2 hours of marching practice. Maaaan....

but yeah, I hated homework, could never do it. Homeschooling/self-study just wouldn't work for me. I'd need a coach for sure. (ADHD makes for a veeery inefficient person).

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Dream
Glad you like it! <3

@kyun
That sounds really extra >_> Do you just march around? Is that what a marching band is?
ughhh band was hell, the conductor was my teacher who wagered our grades over our performance. It was fun hanging out after school before performances though, memories.
I think it depends on the subject, I definitely wouldn't bother teaching myself math. xD

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Practice marching with the right posture. Straighten back, stretch upwards, lean forward slightly, bend your knees very little without locking your knees. Try to walk from heel toe. Put fee at a certain angle and make it a bit like you're rolling forward from heel to toe.

Something like that. We had to practice posture, standing, marching to the beat, reaching points using exactly the right timing and the exact amount of steps (8 steps for a bar or something). Learn how to judge step size and distance to choose the right step size so you get the timing right and be synchronized, etc.

Oh and learn how to play while marching to the beat without fucking up. So it'll still sound nice as you're marching. Oh, and we had fucking plumes, so people can see the angle of your head pretty well sometimes.

Put these videos below at 2x speed if you don't want to spend too much time watching marching videos.

Here's a link to some of the stuff competitive high school bands did.

Here's a college level one I found Aggie's are known for their precision so I thought that'd be pretty cool to show. It got mentioned once by some band members.

Here's another Aggie one

This one came up for most beautiful marching band sooo. Definitely watch this one.

It's not as precise, but it's pretty interesting and flashy.

Daaammnn aggie stuff is pretty damn cool to watch. Sheeesh, how much practice dangit? Those formations are so tight and precise. How do they not smack into each other. The second aggie video is more impressive I think.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:54 am

Oh jeez i'm so sorry i've disappeared for so long. ;u;
kyndreth
This is some really sophisticated stuff! o-o Playing and marching at the same time... so much effort. OTL It looks super cool when people move in separate groups though ugh the satisfaction of watching these. *v*
Are they kind of ceremonial? Is it a tradition to have a marching band for every football game? (I think it's football/rugby please correct me i'm wrong haha)

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:34 am

PreviousNext

Return to Show Off