Share your tips & tricks for life here, or help share your goals.

Raising Awareness: Enviornement

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Raising Awareness: Enviornement

Postby Gingerale » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:20 pm

so much for the commercial that California cows are happy cows - that cow doesn't look too happy to me!

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:34 am

Postby Kyndreth » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:21 pm

That poor cow looks miserable XD

Like, dear god, what are you people doing to me. Whhhhyyyyy! The humiliation!

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 am

Kyndreth's Story Thread | Kyndreth's Pets

Kyndreth Sings Discord Link!
Thursdays 7pm CDT

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:50 pm

who thinks up these things? And who authorizes companies/government to pay for it!? Isn't that considered animal cruelty?

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 am

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 am

Idunno? I mean, we eat em... sooo...

Postby Bassy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:26 am

Oceans:

So I watched a documentary about the ocean's wildlife. Fish are animals, they're also going extinct. Cod is the biggest population that is depleting. Hi-tech fishing is the new norm which people are no able to catch a crap load of fish. In just ten years, the population of cod is going down. Jobs were going bye-bye because there was no cod left to really fish (40,000 jobs) in 1950's or so. Not just overfishing, trash is everywhere. There is so much trash in the ocean that the fish are in danger. Turtles, doliphins, every single animal is getting caught. Also when ever you buy fish, find out where it comes from. Some fish do carry toxins and diseases ( I never knew about this ). Especially if you're pregnant, some can hurt the fetus.
To know where fish come from and/or find what areas that fish were from are good, go to this site http://www.seafoodwatch.org/seafood-recommendations

or ask the fish/deli part of your grocery store or restauraunt if they know.

Local time: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:34 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:28 am

Ahhh were you watching end of the line?

I enjoyed that documentary!

Postby Bassy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 am

Yes, lol. I actually had to for class. I feel more aware of oceans. I feel so bad for the fish. One part I had to close my eyes because the blue fin tuna were getting attacked.. :(

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:32 am

Yup, me too!!!

I saw it too! IN a class! I also watched Water Wars, Dolphin Cove, and Fresh!

Postby Bassy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:36 am

We have a new topic every week. Wed. and Fri. class. Wed. is lecture (2hrs) and Fri. we have a lab. I wonder what this week is.

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:38 am

Seafood watch is downloaded on my phone.

Humhum, much better! Um.... Ah, I hope you get to watch Fresh, because that was a fun watch!

Water Wars is interesting too. All this stuff together made for a great post-apocalyptic setting idea.

Postby Bassy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 am

So our topic was Food and how agriculture is sustained in the world. There is a 45% chance of people born from the 90's are at risk for getting cancer! All because of what is being put in our foods. I think it was colon cancer... I couldn't understand what my professor said, she spoke a little too fast.

People always think that vegetables and fruits, organic meat, and other organic items should be cheaper, yes but it's more harder to plant than non organic because agriculture is so commercialized that it's the cheapest. A lot of food is less local, for example, in Europe, their McDonalds beef is local rather than the U.S. which the beef is from Argentina. Local the better for you.

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 am

Ah, then definitely watch Fresh, or Food Inc. Or Earthlings... Or supersize me.

Actually, there are a lot of such documentaries. I spent my freshman year watching documentaries like the ones I listed and the ones above.

But I do think Fresh will possibly be one of the videos you'll watch.

Postby Bassy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am

We are gonna watch Food Inc. Friday. I watched it like a dozen times. I also seen supersize me, which I can't see how people could eat that much in one day, everyday.

I need to finish a documentary I forgot the title, I think it's called, Minimalist. They live very minimally. Their apartments have barely any furniture, where your voice echoes. I couldn't do it in the materialistic world we live in.

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

Ahhh, Food Inc, was fun.

I think I'd like to get closer to minimalism. What I've got is waay too much stuff!

Postby Bassy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:28 am

I'm still trying to get rid of a lot of things I don't need or use. I got rid of a lot of things, but still cluttered. I basically need things that's in my dorm.

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle & Health