Share your tips & tricks for life here, or help share your goals.

Makeup!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Makeup!

Postby Dragon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:15 am

I noticed there wasn't really a topic on makeup in the forums, so I thought I might do one! :heart:

Hi guys! I'm Dragon and I'm a makeup artist. I've been obsessed/doing makeup for 5 years now, and I hope to continue doing so because it's more than a hobby for me. :cheer:

If you have any questions about makeup brands, where to buy makeup, how to do stuff... feel free to comment here or send me a PM :heart:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:49 am

Re: Makeup!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:27 am

I'm the weird one who feels weird about wearing make up than not. I'm also just too lazy to put it on, lol.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:49 am

Postby Dragon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:31 am

MonkeyGirl18 To be honest, I still feel insecure about wearing lipstick sometimes. I feel like I can't pull it off. :strain: I'm also really lazy when it comes to actually wearing it, eyeliner being the exception. I prefer to do makeup on other people. :cheer: :heart: That doesn't mean I don't try new things all the time on myself. :cheeky:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:34 am

I go outside with just foundation, matching my skin tone, and I feel that people would stare at me, lol.
And it just makes my face feel oily which I don't like.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:38 am

ooooh youre a make up artist thats so cool
i like wearing make up, but not so great at the applying it part
ive stabbed myself in the eye with mascara too many times to count :cry:

Local time: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:49 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Dragon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:47 am

MonkeyGirl18 A matte primer before you put your foundation on will make it look less oily. Sometimes, it's just not the foundation for you. I have oily skin, so I use facial soap and toner to help me with that. It's also important to drink a lot of water and keep your skin hydrated so it doesn't feel so oily with the makeup. :heart:

Ryvvi I have stabbed myself in the eye with mascara, brushes, cotton swabs...you name it. :cry: My godmother always told me as a child that beauty is pain, and I understood that the first time I stabbed my eye with mascara. :cheeky:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:02 am

I also don't have the money to buy make up anyway. I don't really care, though. I hardly wear make up anyway. Usually just to church.

Postby Diana » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:08 am

I am terrrriible at putting on makeup! I regularly don't wear any makeup, cause it's a lot of work and it makes my face feel sort of heavy and weird, and I don't really like that. But I do like to try to do makeup if I'm dressing up to go out or something! I've kinda got the hang of the eyeliner now... But mascara. How do you do it without getting it all over? It always ends up on my nose or cheeks, especially when I try to do my left eye. haha

Site Admin

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:42 am

Oh, that's awesome! did you have to go through certain training to become a makeup artist?

I reserve makeup for special occasions, but sometimes I'll put black eyeliner all around my eyes and smudge it. I love bright, unusual colors for lipstick, eyeshadow, and mascara.

I'm looking for a good moisturizing lipstick so that my lips don't feel dry. So far I have found lipstick from Yves Saint Laurent which I like but it's ridiculously expensive. Can you suggest a good one?

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:49 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Are there specific brands you'd recommend? Right now I buy make up from my friend who sells Mary Kay, although I usually use the maybelline water proof mascara as my final mascara.

Postby galled » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:27 pm

That's so nice of you, Dragon!

What type of makeup do you do? Everyday, fashion, photography, theatrical, cosplay, f/x, or all of the above?! ;)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Zombie Bunny » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:47 pm

I wear makeup to work so I just kinda started wearing it where ever, lol. I have this really cool bright red lipstick that I love.

Image Image Image

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Dragon: did you do training to be a make up artist? Do you do special effects type of make up too?

Postby Lime » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:39 pm

This post is slightly older, but I never saw it! Eeeeek I love makeup. I'll admit I girl out over it.

I play and am one of the head staff at a LARP I play at, so I get to do tons of cool makeup. Also my boyfriend works at a Ren Faire, so it's kinda just around and a common topic. :)

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:49 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Juneberry » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm very bland with my makeup but to be honest...I've always been really confused about certain things. Maybe I'll ask for myself finally!

My main question is about that 'primer' stuff. I read some tips for summer or something recently and someone mentioned to use a specific colored primer or something for eyes and whatnot. But...I didn't even know that existed? Is it a requirement? I've never used it. I use eyeshadow a bit [I find it really useful to use light colored eye-shadow on the lower eye because my eyes are very inset and it makes it so I DON'T look like I have constant dark circles]. I also occasionally use some blush/bronzer. But besides that and like lip gloss/stick or something, I don't really use much of anything! Is that bad? o.o;

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:49 am

Next

Return to Lifestyle & Health