The hangout spot for the more veteran users to lend out a helping hand...

Gizzie and Lemon's Welcome Charity ~Pick your gift

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Gizzie and Lemon's Welcome Charity ~Pick your gift

Postby Death by Mirrors » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 am

You can't tell if the stranger would have moved, or just stood there for hours amidst the roses. But as you say your greetings, the person replies with a smile and introduces themselves as Death by Mirrors. A weird name, perhaps, but as a guardian of these realms you've also heard stranger things before. The roses still seem lively, so at least there's no immediate danger. Death opens the basket. A slip of paper slides down into the grass.

Death blinks at the paper. Various challenges, listed in neat handwriting. A welcome thread? Looking at the basket, a string of yarn extends over the garden, and you could probably follow it like ancient Greek heroes found their way through a labyrinth with that thread. It leads to an old, leather bound book, where it finally turns into the tome's tail band. Meanwhile the roses seem to have covered even more of Death's body.
(Start off on the right Platform, step up to the task: Make a welcome thread and pick a prize - I'd like the chest covering briar rose please, in the same color (Loyalty) to go with the first step roses around my legs)

On your way back, the thread seems tangled and you suddenly find yourself far from the garden. This place looks like someone's living room, complete with a sturdy wooden table, leather couch, several chairs and an old world globe bar. Unfortunately it is empty, but you do find a bottle of orange juice, a bag of crisps and several dice on the table. Perhaps whoever lives here is waiting for other people to join in a game. But right now you can't find any hints as to what the game will be or who is playing. On your way out, you stumble across several chickens in the backyard. You didn't notice them before. Maybe they were in for a quick round of hide and seek.
(Start off on the right Platform, step up to the task: take a step and make another thread and pick a prize - I'd like the whole bunch of chickens please and I'll promise they won't be turned into chicken mango sausage)

Once you return to Death, you notice the former stranger in a lively chat with some animals. One bee seems particularly interested in the new person. In all its sunshine glory it buzzes around Death in circles, while repeating several words. Oh... can it be? Is that one of the famous spelling bees? This one seems still very young however, and eager to learn. Death on the other side is more than willing to teach, drawing words into the soil with a twig. It might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
(Play Spelling bee games and be one of the top 100 and win a prize - I scored #38 yesterday and would like a sunshine bee as my prize please)

In fact, Death only seemed shy at first glance, but now has turned into quite the chatty individual. Maybe one of these days you'll have to find out how to get him to shut up.
(This one surprises me as well, but according to account statistics I have already posted 135 times in various threads here on Windlyn)

But at least he's not plotting world domination. Or is he? Some of the runes and words taught to the bee look suspiciously like curses and dark arts. Necromancy, perhaps? Yet before you can get a closer look, Death wipes the earth clean with the sole of his foot and the carved words are no longer legible. Maybe you're just tired and that made you see things. Nevertheless you decide to keep an eye on that person and the journey they embark on from here.
(The necromancer crown from the birthday section caught my eye... if I'm not too late to claim a birthday thingie (March 8th). And yes, altogether those were even more milestones than I thought I had reached when I started writing my post :wink: )

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:11 pm

Postby Polysiphonia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:35 am

Hi! As you know I'm new, for step 1, may I have the rose climbing up legs thing? (no idea what it's called..)
Surprise me with the colour!
Do I also get this welcome basket thing? I think I've completed the "make welcome thread" one, but I'm not sure D:

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:11 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 am

Polysiphonia : yes you get to choose a basket too!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:11 am

Postby Kirmori » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello ^ ^ I'm new here and a friend I've made on here suggested that I visit this thread. What you guys are doing is great and is like a really warm welcome for newbies like me who are sort of flustered concerning what to do ^ ^"

Mmmmm for step 1 may I have the climbing roses (loyalty? idk if that's right? it's black and gold XD)

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:11 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Welcome Kirmori! I shall send you the climbing roses and was there a particular basket you wanted for your welcoming basket?
You also get to choose more gifts as you continue your adventure... make a welcome thread and pick another, friend 5 people (we like to be friended), we've got posting challenges and lot's of other challenges too...just keep working your way down through the posts on the first page.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Npixelz : don't forget to let me know what you want for your birthday item and you also get an item for dontating to the charity, if there is something you want not listed on the first page let me know and I will see what I have. :grin:

Postby npixelz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Oooh! I didn't realize donating would allow me to get an item! Hmmm... Let's see... I'd like circus pants, please! Any colour! ^^

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:11 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Npixelz, I sent the circus pants for your doantion and a Bee your way for your birthday item.(If those were not the one's you meant then please let me know).

Postby npixelz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 am

Thank you! I got them! And they're the ones I meant! ^^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 pm

If you let me know which favorite colors you have then it will help me to choose too!

Postby npixelz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 am

Purple, red, and black.
Which are often used as the main colours for evil characters or groups in various forms of entertainment. But I assure you, I'm not evil. ^^

Postby Watery Star » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:59 am

I keep forgetting this charity is more than for newbies. Glad you have the link in your signature!

May I have the Lactuesse crown for my birthday present?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Absolutely!

Postby Watery Star » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Thanks! <3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks for your donation too!