For all things related to your avatar! Get advice or show off your designs, your fashion sense, your gusto!

Q-tea's Item Factory

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Q-tea's Item Factory

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:14 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:murmurlade and i have been helping out a bit :wink:

That's so cool! Which one's have you made?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:23 pm

murmurlade and ShiroGem have been helping out especially with the last few events.

ShiroGem's list of items.

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:31 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:murmurlade and ShiroGem have been helping out especially with the last few events.

ShiroGem's list of items.

I'm stalking both of them now :3

They made some pretty darn amazing stuff!

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:46 pm

haha thanks! :P generally the lineless items are drawn by mur and the ones with are by me but my style is pretty inconsistent oops |D

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:44 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Q-tea » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:17 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:haha thanks! :P generally the lineless items are drawn by mur and the ones with are by me but my style is pretty inconsistent oops |D

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Windlyn always has had a mix of styles. I do like that if you have a bunch of items from the same artist you can really match them. :cheer: Sometimes it's fun to mix and match though to see what works.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:27 pm

ye!! it's a lot more fun that way
same styles is one of the gripes i have about gaia's newer items to be honest, i end up going back to 2015-2016 stuff because there was more dimension and texture in those items than now. nevertheless, it's still fun to mix and match them all together, but i've never found myself making avis with only items from the past year

Postby Q-tea » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:05 am

ShiroGEM wrote:ye!! it's a lot more fun that way
same styles is one of the gripes i have about gaia's newer items to be honest, i end up going back to 2015-2016 stuff because there was more dimension and texture in those items than now. nevertheless, it's still fun to mix and match them all together, but i've never found myself making avis with only items from the past year

Omg Gaia...yeah I know what you mean there was an era where they made some drop dead gorgeous items before their flat shading became a thing. Remember when you also had items to make a set vs 3 body mods that make a set. I like body mods but I still wanna mix and match to make my own outfit. :scream:

Postby murmurlade » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 am

the old style of gaia avis was really cool///// but i like the sleek style its become as well? gaia peaked at paw avatars dont @ me

also
shirogem
"generally the lineless items are drawn by mur"
please don't attack me i cant lineart I KNOW im trying to work on trying to match the style T__T

welcome back though qtea! been awhile hehe though i did briefly catch you on that other avatar site

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:49 am

i know right?? i wonder who the artist was
i know neko left a few months ago too! they were one of my favourite cutesy aesthetic item artist and their rig art... aaaaaaa i wonder what they're doing now!

body mods are a blessing and a curse on gaia because the original base anatomy was overly clunky but at the same time i can't wear socks and shoes separately anymore :strain: i do like using leg cutters and shoes that reshape the legs though, which there were more of those

murmurlade
*whispers* we don't need lineart in this household

Postby Q-tea » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:19 am

murmurlade wrote:the old style of gaia avis was really cool///// but i like the sleek style its become as well? gaia peaked at paw avatars dont @ me

also
shirogem
"generally the lineless items are drawn by mur"
please don't attack me i cant lineart I KNOW im trying to work on trying to match the style T__T

welcome back though qtea! been awhile hehe though i did briefly catch you on that other avatar site

Thank you!! :3 Oh you did?! Wut I’m learning I’ve talked to everyone here else where and I didn’t realize it.

Paw are the cute animal bases right?

For some reason I found myself on Pinterest looking at tinier me art and thought we could totally pull that off on windlyn avatars. Having huge non pixelated avatars really opens the doors for a lot of possibilities * u *

Postby Q-tea » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:22 am

ShiroGEM wrote:i know right?? i wonder who the artist was
i know neko left a few months ago too! they were one of my favourite cutesy aesthetic item artist and their rig art... aaaaaaa i wonder what they're doing now!

body mods are a blessing and a curse on gaia because the original base anatomy was overly clunky but at the same time i can't wear socks and shoes separately anymore :strain: i do like using leg cutters and shoes that reshape the legs though, which there were more of those

murmurlade
*whispers* we don't need lineart in this household

Ooo do you have any examples of their work? I’m curious :3

That is very true, I mean the OG base is from like 2003 gotta respect it a bit but still could use a lot of improvement. Like even now I really cringe at a lot of things wrong on the voltra base cuz I made them in 2013/2014? / n It’s sad when you want to improve but you can’t cuz it’s too late :cry:

Postby Mouse » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:57 am

These are super cute!! That skin is adorable!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am

Postby Q-tea » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Mouse wrote:These are super cute!! That skin is adorable!

Thank you!
By skin do you mean the quirky face I did? XD

Postby Mouse » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Q-tea wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, sorry! I love it :) I bet it would be so cute with the circle glasses

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 am

Postby Q-tea » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Mouse wrote:
Q-tea wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, sorry! I love it :) I bet it would be so cute with the circle glasses

Yeah, I wonder if I still have it somewhere. I could dig around and see if that file still exists on my drive or if I lost it. :tongue:

PreviousNext

Return to Fashion Show