For all things related to technology- gadgets, science, code, and more- as tutorials, tips, tricks, or general discussions

Gimp

Moderator: Ryvvi

Gimp

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Idk if this is where this should go or not, but gimp.... who uses it?

How the frick am I supposed to create a triangle. I looked up how to and nobody tells me how to make an easy as frick triangle. If paint can do it..... no, wait, paint won't make the triangle I am looking for.

Omg, why is this so difficult?! URGH!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 9:11 pm

Re: Gimp

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Haha. I find gimp really difficult to use too. the nicest thing about it is the use of scripts.

I dont quite remember, its been years since I last used it, but there might be stamps that can make a triangle. If not, I think there is a vector line tool you should be able to use to make the edges!

Site Admin

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:22 pm

There isn't even a line tool. You have to take like the brush tool or anything that makes a line and press shift.

Then everything else in gimp frustrated me and I gave up and decided to go back to paint where everything makes sense. I just want to graph my pixel crochet blanket out D: And pixellated triangles, especially the Zelda Triforce, are so hard to make.

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:59 pm

right, right. I count that as a line tool. :) Im sure there are grid images you could find and fill in to make a pattern. Or you could make your own in gimp. I make patterns on excel, or by hand on graph paper for bracelets, quilts, crochet, crosstitch, scarves or bags!

Site Admin

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 pm

I found a website that does grid patterns and I made it there, thank god!

I hardly use gimp, I wish I hadn't lost my fireworks and flash because I know how to use them.

Man, I loved making dress up games on flash, lol.

Postby Maro » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:10 am

man i used to use gimp to colour in manga pages for fun n stuff like that, haven't used it in forever

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 pm

Art by - ciel

Return to Tech