Enjoy cooking, baking, eating, recipe sharing, or just food in general? This is the place for you!

What's the last thing you made? (cooked/baked/etc)

Moderator: Ryvvi

What's the last thing you made? (cooked/baked/etc)

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm single and live with a single roommate and she has two cats. Our kitchen is tiny and it can be difficult buying and making food for just myself. None-the-less every once in a while I roll up my sleeves and put something together.

So whether cooking or baking is your passion, your make just to eat, you feed your family, or you burn water- stop on in and share what the last thing you made was. Be as simple or detailed as you like, swap recipes, and have a laugh with us and not at anyone.

I'll start things off. I ate a personal pan pizza for dinner and really wanted some garlic butter. So I actually went to the store and bought salted stick butter & minced garlic. I rarely use either one enough to keep them on hand, so this was out on a limb for me.

I'm all for using really easy recipes. Therefore I nuked the butter, mixed in garlic and parmesan, and TADA that was it. I dunked my pizza in it, and while it wasn't as good as the stuff from Little Caesars, it was decent.

Note: Aya is definitely not chef material LOL

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 4:56 am

Re: What's the last thing you made? (cooked/baked/etc)

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 pm

The last thing I made was 4 batches of cinnamon vanilla pancakes!
My office usually gives breakfast to the people who come in early on Wednesdays, but since it's a holiday, we didn't get oatmeal. The CEO and I ended up making pancakes for everyone. :)
http://www.thechunkychef.com/vanilla-ci ... -pancakes/
I ditched the buttermilk, used regular milk, added some brown sugar and nutmeg.

It was really fun being able to cook in an industrial size kitchen. I definitely did not wait for the griddle to heat up enough though, and my first few pancakes broke apart and were gooey inside. D:

Pro tip for pancakes-- when flipping, make one strong, deliberate swipe under the pancakes to lift them, no little scooting and trying to unstick or anything.

Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 2:56 am

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Ohmygoodness, those sound delicious!!

That's cool that your work offers breakfast :3 We do potlucks for birthdays and anniversaries in departments, and we have company wide get-togethers for holidays. I'm jealous of the industrial kitchen usage; I watch a lot of Food Network, so I'm always sparkly-eyed about the space and equipment.

I like to cook my pancakes low and slow in a lot of butter!

The second-to-last thing I made was chocolate chunk brownies with chocolate frosting. Definitely not good for my health but they made my sweet tooth happy. I like making things that don't need a lot of attention; baking, crockpot, etc.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:49 pm

yum those pancakes sound delicious and the garlic sauce I would try for next time I have bread sticks or pizza.

So, I just made spaghetti for dinner and will use the left over sauce for lasagna. Usually I will cook the meat with the onions and garlic then divide it so that it can be made into chili or tomato meat sauce or just eaten plain on rice and soy sauce - with maybe a veggie thrown in like canned corn. Sometimes I add potato's and veggies and make a hamburger stew out of the base.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Deep fried tater tots
I'm making dinner for tonight tho

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Lemon Cheesecake: Garlic butter sauce is my favorite to have with pizza *drool*

That's great, I love when you can dual use an ingredient. That's a smart tactic for meat, I'll have to try it sometime. I like making meals like spaghetti, sloppy joes, meatball subs, etc. So doing something like that would work well, as leftovers are my best friends.

Kitalpha Hart: I've never had deep fried tater tots :tongue: They sound good!

Does anyone have big cooking plans for Thanksgiving?

Postby galled » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Deep frying pretty much anything tastes good! I saw deep fried twikies at Walmart a few weeks ago. Never was a huge fan of twinkies, but was tempted to try those!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Too true! I had some delicious freshly fried onion rings the other day when I was out shopping with my mom and sister and they were sinfully good.

I don't think I've ever had any deep fried desserts, but I've always wanted to!

Postby Polaris » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:12 am

I attempted to make a cotton cheesecake last night, but then I figured I should just wait until the next day so that it'd be "fresher" I was just really lazy to bake

p.s. here's the recipe i used if anyone wants to try it out:
http://runawayrice.com/desserts/cotton- ... heesecake/

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:17 am

Slow cooking the turkey
Prolly should work on getting the potatoes ready to cook and mash, since those will also take a while

Postby ObviouslyAya » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Polaris wrote:I attempted to make a cotton cheesecake last night, but then I figured I should just wait until the next day so that it'd be "fresher" I was just really lazy to bake

p.s. here's the recipe i used if anyone wants to try it out:
http://runawayrice.com/desserts/cotton- ... heesecake/

Wow, that sounds yummy and difficult. Water baths and having to pay close attention to ingredients and steps; I would fail at making this. I like the name of it, cotton cheesecake, it sounds dreamy! I'd be interested to try it some time :smile:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Sometime next week I can finally make onigiri
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/140422/oni ... ice-balls/

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Cotton Cheesecake sounds interesting and yummy.
I've made California rolls before many years ago. It was fun and tasted good but trying to keep everything together was a challenge.

The last thing I made, besides sandwiches, were chocolate chip muffins. Usually my s.o. does all the cooking but the one night I really wanted them so I thought if I got started on it then he could finish. lol I was able to mix it all together and pour the batter into the tray and all he had to do was put it in the oven and take it out.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanksgiving dinner - it's mostly about timing everything. Unfortunately it is also a game of roulette in as far as only having so many burners and oven space and having to juggle it all.

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Isn't it though, Lemon?
We were going to try to have as much as we could done before my parents get here but we still don't have all the ingredients. Don't know if my mom ended up picking stuff up.

Next

Return to The Kitchen