Enjoy cooking, baking, eating, recipe sharing, or just food in general? This is the place for you!

What's the last thing you made? (cooked/baked/etc)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What's the last thing you made? (cooked/baked/etc)

Postby galled » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:17 pm

Ah, interesting! It seems hotdogs are used at breakfast as a kind of sausage? Add in the other stuff and it doesn't seem so unusual. I can see the hotdogs/rice/ketchup combo being a go-to because it's so easy to make. Again, I've never run into anyone else that ate this delectable combo!

Now the pictures remind me--fried egg on white rice! OMG!! Now that's a cheap meal, and probably better for you than hotdogs and ketchup. LOL

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 5:45 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby silverberry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:01 pm

TheFellowsheep wrote:

That was a common meal for my fam in Texas. Altho my mom grew up around the US, mostly in Illinois, Indiana, Arizona, then her final HS yrs in Texas, so I'm not sure which area it comes from. I think it's a typical tight budget meal in the US, though. Certainly not sold in stores or restaurants premade (outside of maybe Hawaiian restaurants?).

galled wrote:Ah, interesting! It seems hotdogs are used at breakfast as a kind of sausage? Add in the other stuff and it doesn't seem so unusual. I can see the hotdogs/rice/ketchup combo being a go-to because it's so easy to make. Again, I've never run into anyone else that ate this delectable combo!

Now the pictures remind me--fried egg on white rice! OMG!! Now that's a cheap meal, and probably better for you than hotdogs and ketchup. LOL

I see! It's just a very popular quick breakfast meal here - with the fried rice usually being yesterday's leftover rice. Apart from hotdog, the other common meats are longganisa, tapa, and sisig. And since they're fancier, they actually get served as breakfast menu items in hotels and restos.

Gods now I'm craving for tapsilog.

Speaking of egg and rice... season a cup of cooked rice with some (good quality) soy sauce and sesame oil, then top it with a fried egg with a runny yolk and crumbled nori (chili oil optional), and mix. Really damn good but easy and cheap meal.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 8:45 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Arc » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:40 am

Coffee

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 7:45 pm

Previous

Return to The Kitchen