Enjoy cooking, baking, eating, recipe sharing, or just food in general? This is the place for you!

Tasty cooking!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Tasty cooking!!

Postby Mouse » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:47 pm

You know the youtube account thing? Have you ever made a recipe from there? I made some chocolate chip cookies and they were actually really delicious! :heart:

How do you get your recipes?? Do you experiment? I'm not good at experimenting in the kitchen it usually goes horribly wrong.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 11:15 am

Re: Tasty cooking!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:33 pm

I have cook books but it is so easy to search the internet for recipes now and I have found most of the ones I have tried online have come out good... just have to remember to save them otherwise I forget which ones I used.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:15 pm

Postby Mouse » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm the same way! I have to bookmark them or I forget about them

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Sometimes I just follow the recipes on the packages of food I'm cooking.

Postby MissAutumn » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:50 am

I'm bad for remembering to bookmark recipes too. I have never used recipes on packaging.

I'm at the point with my cooking where I wing it a lot of the time. I've made soups, cassoules, stews and pies (filling - I need to follow recipes for pastry), pasta dishes, etc just by guessing what ingredients are and how to cook it. It seems to work out most of the time. I only remember a couple of times where it has turned out really awful.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:15 pm

Postby Mouse » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:19 pm

I don't think I could ever do that. I do feel like I need a lot more practice with ingredients :)
I think that's really awesome though!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:48 pm

I'll "wing" it for chili or stew or such but baking I try to follow a recipe...that said I will add ingredients or tweak it sometimes.

Return to The Kitchen