Enjoy cooking, baking, eating, recipe sharing, or just food in general? This is the place for you!

Baking

Moderator: Ryvvi

Baking

Postby MissAutumn » Sat May 16, 2020 1:52 am

I hear baking has become more of a popular pastime recently. I thought we could all share what we've been baking and give each other tips.

I've been mainly making pizzas but I've made the odd cake. My fiancé's birthday was a couple of weeks ago so I made him a tiger marble cake:

[+] SPOILER
ImageImage

I tried to get the vanilla part of the cake to be orange but it came out green! Who knew mixing red and yellow food colouring would do that. :grin: The buttercream is a chocolate.

Here's the recipe I used, but I skipped on the coffee as the birthday boy doesn't like coffee:
Marble Cake Recipe

What have you all been baking?

Also does anyone have a good recipe for blueberry muffins? I can never get them right.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 5:19 pm

Re: Baking

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 16, 2020 1:16 pm

You had me at "baking"!

The orange might not have come out right on the inside of the cake but the other stripes did and the icing looks too fun to eat! I'll look at the recipe because it looks like a fondant top?

I've never had much success with the muffins...that's why I buy them!

I'll look for some recipes of my old favorite's.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:19 am

Postby MissAutumn » Sat May 16, 2020 1:29 pm

I joke that it's meant to represent the tall grass tigers hunt in. I couldn't get hold of any orange food colouring. The cake was really yummy.

I used ready to roll fondant to make the tiger. I had to mix red and yellow fondant to get the orange colour. Thankfully that didn't go green too!

That'll be nice to see your old faves. :)

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 5:19 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm

My boss brought in lemon bars yesterday to work (she bought them) they were good but I like a thicker shortbread crust then what they had.

I like cookies best! Can't put the oven on in this heat though so it will have to wait!

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:19 am

Return to The Kitchen