Enjoy cooking, baking, eating, recipe sharing, or just food in general? This is the place for you!

Which salad dressings do you like?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Which salad dressings do you like?

Postby TheFellowsheep » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

Just realized I haven't had a salad in a while. I used to love seven(?) island dressing but now I think a basil pesto ranch has bested my palette. I also really enjoy a simple olive oil with red wine vinegar one. What about you guys?(Bonus question, do you like a lot of leafy variety in your salads or are you a 1/2 type leafer person?)

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 5:19 am

Re: Which salad dressings do you like?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

I don't use much salad dressing ... just enough for flavor & I stay away from fatty dressings that have mayonnaise bases.

If I have fruit, like pears, strawberries or blueberries for example, in my salad then I like a sweeter dressing.

The Japanese have a carrot dressing I like.

I like baby greens but for crisp I like romaine lettuce.
I don't do croutons or onions.
Sometimes do nuts but have to put them in last minute so they don't get soggy.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 6:19 am

Postby TheFellowsheep » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 pm

Oooh, interesting. Totally makes sense tho! Plus makes the salad more portable less dishes when ya skip the dressing. I totally didn't think of pear in a salad, but now that I think about it... Pear and apple with candied pecans on a kale and cabbage base might be deeelisssh.

Carrot dressing? I'll check that out!

I'm bigger on cabbages than lettuce (but I mean there's only seeming minimal difference?). Mmm onions. That's where we differ, haha. Thanks for answering! Always neat to know how other folks eat.

Postby galled » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 pm

My last "kick" was Cesar dressing, but have moved to Thousand Island. Having multiple dressings in fridge got cumbersome (with many going bad before finishing them, I did a dressing "cleanse" of sorts and now just do one. Thousand Island is the most versatile for me. It works on salads, burgers, etc., etc.. (I've replaced ketchup with it as well--way fewer carbs!)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 6:19 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:00 pm

I like the Japanese Miso dressing.

Postby (-o-) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:08 pm

I usually do ranch, a non fishy Caesar, or ginger-carrot. There are other dressings I've liked, but don't know the names of. I also put in red onion and shredded carrots. I dislike cucumber, tomato, and beets. :P

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Return to The Kitchen