For the contestants who want to go down in history... Start all your campaigns right here!

DDLC Inspired Poetry Challenge

Moderator: Sanchicho

DDLC Inspired Poetry Challenge

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:07 pm

The challenge is simple:
Write a poem using words in the word bank provided.

There is no reward other than the poem you wrote! Yay!

If you dont know what DDLC stands for, it stands for Doki Doki Literature Club. It is a popular dating sim game. In the game, the characters write poetry and you choose words out of a wordbank given to you to go after the character of choice.

I'm giving you all the words that are in the game at once. You can choose however many you like, but to give it somewhat a challenge, I want to give you a minimum of 5 words from the bank. I will adjust as necessary.

So, to recap:

Write a poem using at least 5 words from the word Bank provided!

Warning: some of the words can be a bit dark. I will remove any if any are problematic. These came from the game and what gave me this idea.

[+] SPOILER
Adventure, Alone, Amazing, Awesome, Beauty, Bed, Bliss, Broken, Calm, Charm, Cheer, Childhood, Clumsy, Color, Comfort, Cry, Dance, Dark, Daydream, Dazzle, Death, Defeat, Depression, Embrace, Empty, Excitement, Extraordinary, Family, Fear, Feather, Fireflies, Fireworks, Flower, Flying, Forgive, Friends, Fun, Grief, Happiness, Heart, Holiday, Hope, Hopeless, Hurt, Joy
Laugh, Lazy, Loud, Love, Lucky, Marriage, Memories, Misery, Misfortune, Music, Nature, Ocean, Pain, Party, Passion, Peaceful, Play, Prayer, Precious, Promise, Rainbow, Raincloud, Romance, Rose, Sadness, Scars, Shame, Silly, Sing, Smile, Sparkle, Special, Sunny, Sunset, Sweet, Tears, Together, Tragedy, Treasure, Unrequited, Vacation, Warm, Wonderful, Agonizing, Ambient, Analysis, Anxiety, Atone, Aura, Breathe, Cage, Captive, Climax, Contamination, Covet, Crimson, Desire, Despise, Destiny, Determination, Disaster, Disarray, Disoriented, Disown, Dream, Effulgent, Electricity, Entropy, Essence, Eternity, Existence, Explode, Extreme, Fester, Fickle, Flee, Frightening, Graveyard, Heavensent, Horror, Imagination, Incapable, Incongruent, Infallible, Inferno, Infinite, Intellectual, Insight, Journey, Judgement, Landscape, Lust, Massacre, Meager, Melancholy, Philosophy, Pleasure, Portrait, Question, Raindrops, Secretive, Sensation, Starscape, Suicide, Tenacious, Time, Uncanny, Uncontrollable, Unending, Universe, Unrestrained, Unstable, Variance, Vertigo, Vibrant, Vitality, Vivacious, Vivid, Whirlwind, Wrath, Alone, Broken, Calm, Cry, Dark, Daydream, Death, Defeat, Depression, Embrace, Empty, Fear, Forgive, Grief, Hope, Hopeless, Hurt, Joy, Misery, Misfortune, Pain, Peaceful, Prayer, Rose, Scars, Shame, Tears, Tragedy, Unrequited, Anger, Anime, Blanket, Boop, Bouncy, Bubbles, Bunny, Candy, Cheeks, Chocolate, Clouds, Cute, Doki-Doki, Email, Fantasy, Fluffy, Games, Giggle, Hair, Headphones, Heartbeat, Hop, Jump, Jumpy, Kawaii, Kiss, Kitty, Lipstick, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Melody, Milk, Mouse, Nibble, Nightgown, Papa, Parfait, Peace, Pink, Playground, Poof, Pout, Puppy, Pure, Ribbon, Shiny, Shopping, Skipping, Skirt, Socks, Spinning, Sticky, Strawberry, Sugar, Summer, Swimsuit, Twirl, Valentine, Vanilla, Waterfall, Whisper, Whistle, Adventure, Amazing, Awesome, Beauty, Bed, Bliss, Charm, Cheer, Childhood, Clumsy, Color, Comfort, Dance, Dazzle, Excitement, Extraordinary, Family, Feather, Fireflies, Fireworks, Flower, Flying, Friends, Fun, Happiness, Heart, Holiday, Laugh, Lazy, Loud, Love, Lucky, Marriage, Memories, Music, Nature, Ocean, Party, Passion, Play, Precious, Promise, Rainbow, Raincloud, Romance, Sadness, Silly, Sing, Smile, Sparkle, Special, Sunny, Sunset, Sweet, Together, Treasure, Vacation, Warm, Wonderful

Um, that's more words than I thought, but those all came from the game.

It's in alphabetical order and also not... I copy and pasted the word lists from each individual character's preferred words list from each act. I already had to fix the format, wasn't going to make it completely alphabetical lol.

It really shouldn't be difficult to come up with something using some of these words, lol.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:21 am

Re: DDLC Inspired Poetry Challenge

Postby npixelz » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:11 am

As I still have a bit of a headache, I will not post a poem just yet, but I WILL try for tomorrow!

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 pm

The Scars of Anxiety shame ,
They lie in the graveyard of despair.
Dark, Empty, Hopeless,
Standing Alone Against the Fickle World.
One moment, one break in the unrequited misery
that imprisons and incapacitates.
A Promise that pierces and frees the captive soul,
sweet tears of love, precious faith that ignites the flames,
and becomes a journey of hope to embrace.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 am

Postby Gingerale » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:42 pm

What a treasure to watch
The Sunrise explode into Crimson colors dancing across fluffy vanilla clouds.
Hope for the new day,
Time to laugh, love, dream.
Imagine the possibilities!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:21 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Waiting on one from you Npixelz !

Postby npixelz » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:20 am

I'm not sure if mine has the words from the list

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 pm

I dont mind if you dont use any of the words. It's just a place to challenge poetic creativity.

Postby galled » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:18 pm

I'm having a hard time with it. I've started a couple of times, but get lost.

Perhaps just picking a few words and having everyone use those might be fun to see what we do with them?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:48 pm

@galled: well, my thoughts process was that the large word bank would make it easier because it gives you more words to use than a few. And I set the word limit to using at least 5.

Maybe I can do a weekly thing where I take that list of words, put them in a list randomizer, and the first 5 words would be what you need to use in the challenge? Something like that?

Postby galled » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:34 am

I would be down for that. :)

You could always mix it up or switch back if it doesn't work/get entries.

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:48 am

Sounds like a Stan, plan!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:06 pm

There are so many words to choose from on that list that it would be difficult NOT to use something from the list! :wink:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:01 pm

Lemon Cheesecake that was the idea. There are so many, but I guess having a whole lot can also overwhelm someone. So il start out the new idea tomorrow (Sunday) when I wake up and get to it.

Postby npixelz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:05 am

Okie doki doki literature club

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:34 am

Sorry I never started it. Been super busy at work and been working on Saturday. That makes me sleep all day Sunday and then the next thing I know, I'm back at work. It may take me a while.

Next

Return to Hall of Heroes