The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

your favorite things

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: your favorite things

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:35 pm

there's certainly something special about just having art materials around - maybe the possibility of being creative with them? I like to have art and craft stuff just in case I want to do something with them.

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:23 pm

Postby yorunaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:02 pm

I think it's pretty simple with me. I enjoy looking at the various colors. Haha.
That and sometimes their smell is nice and distinct.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:23 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:02 am

mmm I like barbecue's and the weather is great for that right now

Postby yorunaka » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:58 am

Barbecues are always nice. The smell of grilled meat is great. And grilled is always > fried

Postby Gingerale » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:53 pm

I like when other people wash my car for me :cheer:

Local time: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:20 am

I love when people draw my avatar: Thanks Murmurlade !

[+] SPOILER

Postby Watery Star » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:56 am

aw that's cute Lemon^^

I was craving grilled chicken last night. Grilled chicken is the best chicken.

Local time: Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:23 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Snickers has a new dark chocolate rocky road bar - have you tried it? I don't generally like rocky road but this chocolate bar is good!

Postby yorunaka » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

I haven't had Snickers in a long time

Postby Bassy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Me neither. I am not really the nutty person lol.

One of my favorite things is historical fiction/nonfiction. My favorite era to learn is the time of Queen Mary of Scotland, Catherine de Medici, etc. All because of Reign. I've done my research of these two Queens especially. Like Medici is Italian, I am unclear if Catherine de Medici is related to Cosimo de' Medici, who is known for is banking enterprise in Italy. Catherine's lineage could have came from them, though it was 100+ since then. I couldn't find her grandparents names and so forth. But I got to say they are. Catherine even had 10 children! Can't you believe it? The last two children were twin girls that Catherine almost died during the birth. To save her life the doctor broke one of the twin's legs, which died in the womb and the other died 7 weeks later. That's......just harsh.... but Catherine needed to live though... she was the only one to regent France for her very very young sons when Kind Frances II died from an ear infection. Twice. Catherine de Medici was a strong woman with a tough childhood.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:12 pm

I had never heard that story before. What a horrible experience and those poor baby girls! That was before they had cesareans (Well the cesareans in those days were more about just getting the baby out then getting it out safely).

Postby Bassy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Their namess were Joan and Victoria. It's a sad story, Catherine first started not being able to bare children as she kept being pressured to do so. Royals are more pressured to have children because they want to keep the heir going. If something happens where there is no heirs to take the throne. I am surprised it's been going for England.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:29 pm

I looked it up and she certainly had a lot of sons! And several became Kings during her lifetime. I can not imagine having 10 kids never mind having the responsibilities and demands of royal life and being pregnant for 10 years! (well, 9 since one set was twins)

Postby Bassy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:13 am

Though the TV show Reign doesn't show all 10 children, though the twins have different names, it's my obsession haha. I recommend that show to anyone.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:41 pm

have you tried the other period piece series that our out there? Poldark just started back for another season. Jamestown is in their first season and Victoria and the crown should be starting back up later in the year. Not sure if the other series have been renewed or not.

PreviousNext

Return to Pop Culture