The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

SFW Webcomics that you enjoy!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: SFW Webcomics that you enjoy!

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Oh, because some of them are really... scary. xD Especially if you're scrolling with the lights off.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Re: SFW Webcomics that you enjoy!

Postby okios » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Yaas webcomics! I read most of them on LINE Webtoons (the English site of the Korean site Naver) and Tapastic. These are the official sites that support the artists unlike Mangafox, Mangareader, other sites w/ pirated material, etc. So please read them on the official sites if you can! It's free. ^^

And I definitely second Winter Woods. For the uninitiated, it's about an Edward-Scissorhands-like character learning how to be human. ^^

I'm currently reading
Cheese in the Trap: Explores relationships between characters in university. It has a very relatable and actually smart, sensible heroine. It starts out slow, but it blossoms into something greater. It can get confusing due to retrospection from characters. Panels in black and white indicate past events. Panels in color are current events.

Owlturd Comics: It's a casual and humorous comic about life in general. It has no real plot, but it's super fun, and you can read in any order. Has comics on LINE and Tapastic, but I linked to his official site.

Jack, The American Ghost: WARNING: Contains blood, scary images*. (*They're more like cool art with creepy undertones imo, but just in case for those with a real faint heart...) Girl's haunted house business is in the red. She participates in a haunted house survival competition to get prize money (I think), and to learn a few tricks to improve her own haunted house.

The Outer Door: Teens go trick or treating, and enter a haunted house. To get out, they have to pick the right door consecutively. The ones that pick the wrong door are goners. The art style is colorful and gorgeous!

Annarasumanara is completed, but it's a very lovely story of a poor, bullied girl meeting a magician. It has some bleak reality moments.

Fisheye Placebo: Takes place in the future where the government controls everything. Protagonist wants to have the best college experience, so he hacks into the system so he can get a hot chick as a roommate, but gets tangled into a conspiracy group. This comic is on hiatus tho. Last update was in November 2015. :c

LESSA: Postapocalyptic setting with vampires. Humans now live in a dome. Poorer humans live outside the dome. Guy is on a quest to find his sister. WARNING: contains blood, and some gore (?). Pretty sure LINE would censor it tho bc it's a family friendly site aimed at teens/young adults. ; v;

LESSA 2 - The Crimson Knight: Sequel to LESSA.

Noblesse: The noblest of vampires wakes up after hundreds of years, in a modern-day world where there are human experiments. Protagonist does not talk much...or at all. XD But the characters around him move the story along. WARNING: contains blood

Also, based on the comments I've read on LINE, the fan translations are more eloquent than the official.
Example is when the protagonist speaks:
*spoiler alert*
[+] SPOILER
Official translation: "The contractor of Loctis Crabay, you do not deserve to live anymore. I will take... your life."

Fan translation: "Bonded of Locktis Crabay, you have forfeited your right to exist. Your life is mine to take."
From chapter...
[+] SPOILER

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 am

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Previous

Return to Pop Culture