The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Miraculous Ladybug Anyone? (May contain spoilers)

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Miraculous Ladybug Anyone? (May contain spoilers)

Postby yorunaka » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:03 am

Ladybug weeb here yes

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Yorunaka
I pretty much have the same issues with the show as well. Though I heard S2 is much more plot driven so i'm crossing my fingers!!
Btw the episodes in S1 aren't meant to have a chronological order because they were aired in different orders in both France and Korea so it wouldn't make sense if they did. ^^;
For fanfics, my favourite would be Back To Us and Walking the Chatwalk. BTU has a looot of angst but it's super good slow burn. c':

murmurlade
what have you done

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby yorunaka » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am

ShiroGEM
Ohhh I didn't know that (about the different order of episodes in France and Korea). That's a pretty interesting tidbit.

I actually saved all the episodes in my hard drive in the order suggested in this one Tumblr post ;;

And I read "Back To Us." It's one of the few long fics I actually finished in Ao3. I couldn't find "Walking the Chatwalk" though (I find "Chasing the C/h/atwalk" instead ;;). Could you perhaps link me to it?

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:55 am

Yorunaka
It was originally released in Korea and France in the same time, the English version came later. Personally I don't like the English dub because it's set in France but yea haha.
Oh SORRY yea it's Chasing the Chatwalk. c': I have terrible memory. Food For the Soul is a really good oneshot though~

Postby yorunaka » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Oh I originally started with the Korean version but English works the best for replays for me since I normally use it at some kind of background noise when I work.

And thanks! I will definitely look those up. Surprisingly, even with the vast number of fanfics in the ML fandom, only very few hold my attention enough. A couple of them start out good but they end up getting too drawn out at some point so I lose interest

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Not gonna lie the Korean dubs were weird af too xD
Yeaa there's a lot of never ending fics out there but I do love long ones. I usually am able to determine the quality of the fic by reading the first paragraph though and quickly close it if i'm not interested at all. There's a couple of other fics that i'll dig up later if you're interested. /o/

Postby yorunaka » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Lol they were the ones that showed up first. Had no background on ML when I started (despite being aware that it existed for a few years) so I watched the first subbed first episode video I could find on YT. lol

And there are quite a few which have good flow in writing in general plus interesting premises. But at some point, the plot just gets too drawn out or even worse, I don't know where it's going anymore at all ;;

To be honest, "Back to Us" was close to being too drawn out for me. Couldn't also help that the reason for Chat's viciousness wasn't quite strong in my opinion. However, the good points in the fic still outweighed the less developed one. It also helped that it was one of the few ML fics I've read which wrote Adrien's and Marinette's friendship really well (I'm biased towards this pairing out of the whole LadyNoir/MariChat/Ladrien/Adrinette thing)

And thank you! I appreciate that

Previous

Return to Pop Culture