The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Youtube: Lindsey Stirling

Moderator: Ryvvi

Youtube: Lindsey Stirling

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:46 am

So while looking for some other music on Youtube, I discovered an amazing violinist, Lindsey Stirling.
In the music videos, she dances and does ballet while playing the violin. She also has some cosplays with songs that are from games or movies. I really love the sound and the videos are amazing to watch. Search her on Youtube if you want to know more, but here is the Pokemon one that I first saw her in:
https://youtu.be/zo0OccO5_qU?list=PLxoG ... kNy5ivRdW_

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Re: Youtube: Lindsey Stirling

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:28 pm

She was on America's Got Talent before. Didn't win it, but she was a quarter-finalist. That was back in 2013.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 am

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Ah, I stopped watching that show after just a couple seasons.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:28 pm

I only watch the auditions.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:34 am

Omg I love Lindsey Stirling, Crystallize is one of my favourite originals from her. <33

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Watery Star » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:24 pm

I like her too. Found out about her through her Pokemon video. She was on tv promoting DVD collection, forget how long ago that was. They showed part of it and it was pretty cook. I've had her come up on my instrumental radio playlist.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:09 pm

I found her when I was looking up videos of people playing zelda music on whatever instrument.

Postby Diana » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:46 pm

One of my coworker's kids is really into Lindsey Stirling! My coworker took her daughter to a concert and said it was super cool- like being at a convention, but for a concert. She said people were all dressed up, singing and humming along, etc. And the environment was really positive and drug free, unlike other concerts.

I guess Stirling has a grudge against one of the judges at America's got talent; at her concert, my coworker said that there was a song about zombies or something and the biggest gravestone had the judge's name on it.

Site Admin

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:35 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Now I don't like zombies, but I'm pushing through it just to find that one gravestone in question, lol.

edit: now, I didn't find it. Sad. I think I know who it is though, just by trying to look it up, and by watching her audition, lol.

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:32 pm

When I brought her up on another site, someone suggested Crystalize as their favorite song as well. ^_^ It is very pretty.

Yep, the Pokemon Video was the one I had linked and how I first found her. (was looking for Pokemon music at the time).

I do love how she cosplays to the video games and the story of the music. It is wonderful!

I gotta re-watch the video and see, but first I have to Google the judges on America's Got Talent, lol. I've only seen a couple seasons of it and a few episodes throughout later years. But the judge probably didn't like her very much or kept criticizing her performance or something.

Postby ObviouslyAya » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm

I love Lindsey Stirling! I discovered her about the time she was gaining attention on youtube for her covers and videos. She is so talented and I love so many of her songs. It's awesome that she does such cool things with game/movie/etc covers.

I actually went to see her in concert back in July with my best friend.
It was AWESOME! I would do it again in a heartbeat! :heart:

Return to Pop Culture