The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Moderator: Ryvvi

Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Postby Bassy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:59 am

Backstabbing Politics. That's what this election is gonna be. With Hillary's lies is backstabbing...Trumps unfiltered language, and a guy who thinks he is always right and very narcissistic. -_-

Those who are in the U.S... what do you think about the election this week? I'm STILL indecisive. Sad to say, Trump does have good points, and I believe he MIGHT help the economy within the U.S. but not international affairs. The wall isn't gonna solve anything. The Mexicans will find their way in and he claims ALL are rapists and criminals.. no. stop... And well Hillary, she is so contradicting to what she says... and she will start a war saying that the border doesn't need any more security. NO. AH.

Outside the U.S. I'm sure you have heard the popularity of U.S politics and how it's a ruin right now. What do you guys think? Aren't we all screwed? .__.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Postby galled » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 am

I think both candidates are shall we say less than ideal and I feel quite embarrassed as an American that this is the best we can come up with (just another indication that our system is broken).

Candidate personalities and track records aside; they all can be argued either way as we've seen, so for me it comes down to policies/philosophies. I believe it comes down to do you want open borders, free trade, allowing in and paying for more refugees, continuation of Obamacare, more taxes for businesses and the rich, and expanding the war in Syria -- or not. Pretty much all of the rest are just distractions from these issues and none of these aspects will be settled one way or another before election day IMHO.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mousy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:54 pm

For me, it's all about what party I want to run the supreme court because the next president has the potential to stack the supreme court in their party's favor and that will outlast whatever president we get for this election.
I also think that if you want things to be the same way they are and the same direction they were going, vote for the one that's already there. If you want the potential for change, vote for the other. Now is that change going to be good? who knows.

Do I think either one will end up getting impeached?
yep.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Polaris » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Before the new emails, I had made my mind up in who I wanted to vote for but now... Ahahaha back to square one! The issues most important for me are health care, college tuition, climate change and renewable energy, and how we're going to move forward in our international relations.
The thing with Congress and how important it is for one party to have the majority over the other is great and all for checks and balances, but as we've seen in the past 8 years a Rep-controlled House and a Dem-President always gridlocking and butting heads won't solve anything for the country :/

Having discussions in my Government & Politics class is a lot more interesting, given the candidates & their controversies, but I wish this election was a lot more serious and not the hot mess that it is right now.

...Can we just forget about the 2016 elections and have a do over?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:33 pm

would it really be so bad not to have a president?

The way I look at it is, its just 4 years. we should be able to suffer through whoever gets in as president but what is most important is who is in charge with them, influencing and guiding them. I don't feel a president has as much power as they like us to believe. Its the others in the senate/government positions that vote on the decisions.

Postby Bassy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Does even the president have real authority? No. So I think we could go without a president. The supreme court is the ruler basically. I despise both. If I see Trump impeached, that would be more hilarious than Clinton because he always says that he is right and determined he will win no matter what basically.
I was watching the news with captions since it didn't have sound, people are in Love with celebrities... Trump is a TV star.. that's one reason why he is risen up in the polls.

Postby galled » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:00 pm

The President doesn't have as much power as many think, so you're right. The lack of a President (tne Executive Branch essentially) would hinder the "checks and balances" of our government. The Supreme Court is powerful, but Congress is where the power really is--they make the laws and spend the money.

Agreed. Certainly being a celebrity and being outspoken has gained Trump a lot of exposure for very little cost. But I think Trump has also gotten this far because he's the outsider (people think the system is broken and career politicians are unable or unwilling to fix it), and it's been very rare for either party to remain in power for more than 2 elections. People tend to want change after seeing the promises they were given did not come true, seeing the flaws in the vision, failures, etc..

All I can say is it has been very entertaining. Elections are usually very boring!

Server Administrator

Postby Hero » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:27 am

We still don’t know the outcome of the 2016 election, in which the “democratic process” has produced two candidates widely despised by the American people.

We have two unbelievably shitty candidates, neither of whom is fit to lead the country. Donald Trump is a reckless narcissist who, as his debate performances indicated, cannot string together more than two sentences, let alone articulate a coherent vision for the country’s future. His remarks about women, Latinos and African-Americans are reprehensible and, whether he believes his own statements or is merely trying to stir up anger for his electoral benefit, have emboldened people who hold retrograde and genuinely scary views.

Then there is Hillary Clinton, who has been in public life for decades and who grows more and more unpopular upon exposure —and for good reason. Whatever one thinks of the so-called “Servergate” scandal —and I personally find it troubling that she put classified information on a private server that was almost certainly obtained by foreign intelligence services — she stonewalled and lied to the FBI during its investigation, which has now been reopened. She and her family run a foundation that aggressively solicited donations from corporations, wealthy individuals and foreign governments that have interests before the government, and in some cases Clinton, as secretary of state, took actions that can only be seen as quid pro quo for big donors. These facts alone should disqualify her from political life and make her the legitimate target of criminal investigations.

The lesser of evils between these 2 is Trump believe it or not, Clinton is extremely disgusting and evil (Also described by ex members of her staff).

No one talks about the things "Clinton Foundation" has done in Haiti. People are still living in tents and there has been no progress since 2010. Also no one talks how Hillary's brother is incharge of the gold mines there, Haiti has 30% of the worlds gold reserves. Figure it out yourself.

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby Hero » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:30 am

galled wrote:(people think the system is broken and career politicians are unable or unwilling to fix it)

The system is indeed broken. When you let a criminal run for president you can easily tell how flawed the system is against people of power.

Postby Bassy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Hero wrote:
galled wrote:(people think the system is broken and career politicians are unable or unwilling to fix it)

The system is indeed broken. When you let a criminal run for president you can easily tell how flawed the system is against people of power.

I was looking up about other possible candidate that my vote won't go towards the two up runners that I don't want my vote going towards. I think it was Jill Stein that wanted to do a change from corporate captitalism
“My Power to the People Plan creates deep system change, moving from the greed and exploitation of corporate capitalism to a human-centered economy that puts people, planet and peace over profit." - Jill Stein.

Though I wish she would be more specific in the few articles I've read. But I do not agree with her $15 wage raise. Too much. Prices rise incredibly.

Then there is Johnson, which I really do not mind at all, though his Student Loans thing is confising me on how I would pay for college.

I would've voted for bernie (besides also the Wage gain as well..)

Postby galled » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:52 pm

What I find amusing is the best candidates (hypothetically) that I've seen lately would have been Pence and Biden. Too bad neither is on the ticket, well, Pence is as VP.

We should probably go back to the old system where the candidate who gets the most votes is Pres, and 2nd most votes is VP.

Server Administrator

Postby Bassy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Haha.. not this one. Trump and Clinton together is like getting two misbehaving children to get a long in a room lol.

I looked up about Johnson and I don't want him now. UGH. First the Art program is wanted gone and Johnson wants the Department of Education gone. Then Who will teach the kids? A math teacher not knowing how to teach a certain age group? Education teaches college students how to teach kids properly. Agh. We just gotta deal with this for four years and hopefully Congress isn't idiotic as the next pres..

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 pm

I am so tired of the political adds in my face, T.V. Mail, calls.... Can we sue for mental stress and intimidation for all the adds that are slanderous or "mud slinging" or for the sheer volume? Seriously, state who you are and why people should vote for you and leave the other petty stuff out of it and don't hound us!

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:25 pm

There's a lot to dislike about our options for the next president of the United States. I've tried to focus on what the issues are and who best represents what I'd like to see happen. There is very little I agree with Trump on including the issues. Even though I favor Hilary's stance on most of the issues, I don't trust her to stick to what she's now claiming to stand behind. My state is so overwhelmingly in favor of Hilary that I feel like I can vote 3rd party and not worry about Trump, who I don't support at all, winning. I'm voting for Jill Stein knowing that she wont win. What I'm hoping for is that it is one vote of many that show a sign of dissatisfaction with the two party system. I really believe that there will be more people voting 3rd party and I hope that in the future our elections will be open for more parties to be represented. Not the way it is now.

Postby galled » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:42 pm

So far the only thing that I've heard that makes sense and attempts to fix our broken government is term limits (Trump made this part of his platform). For me it's clear what we've been doing does't work anymore. You can make all of the rules you like, but given enough time, they'll figure out ways to get around the rules. We need some new bodies in there IMHO.

Server Administrator

Next

Return to Pop Culture