The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Interesting concept Watery, I wonder how many others will be voting that way to state their disapproval of the candidates.

If you write a name in on a ballot, do they have to acknowledge who was written in and how many votes they got?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:22 am

Postby Bassy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:50 pm

I'd be okay if the Queen were to rule USA lol. She probably does a better job than we do heh. But I don't know about the parliament there or her standings or the next King/Queen. America is a mess.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:44 pm

The Queen really doesn't rule over Canada or Australia, the Prime Ministers do pretty well the work of the US Presidents.

Thanks for the link,Watery, it graphs the write in policies quite specifically - unfortunately for California voters don't get as many options!

Postby Bassy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:25 am

I know she doesn't rule on this side of the hemisphere. Or maybe just do away with presidents. Since all he does is just sign things that congress agrees with,

Postby Hero » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:54 pm

I think one of the few people that'd be really good for president, I think Republican congressman Trey Gowdy would be amazing if he ever ran for elections.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:22 pm

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:57 pm

All of the good people are just not interested in running. :/

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:03 pm

because it has become one big circus act - need to get the clowns out

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:48 pm

I haven't heard of Trey Gowdy, now I'm curious.

I'm so disappointed that I can't vote for Bernie Saunders.

Oh and I need to do more research on my local side of my ballot. >.<

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:54 pm

hopefully in the next four years there will be someone of substance who will rise up, someone who the American people will be honored to have represent them... we just need to get through the next four years.

Postby Polaris » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 am

It's Election Day!!
If anyone's voting in this year's general election, how was your experience?

I just got home from my voting center, and omg the line was already so long when I got there (I woke up at the crack of dawn to get there at 6am too).

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 2:22 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Bassy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:01 am

I can't vote :( I am registered, but i have to travel to do so. There needs to be a change in the voting policy. There are so much rules to abide by (Besides being legal) that they go by your license. There is no hope for people on campus unless they travel to their home state/county/etc. I really wanted to vote but I have no time to travel with huge assignments tomorrow I have to study for.

Postby galled » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 pm

I used to think it was fun to go vote on election day. Going to polling place, signing in, getting the sticker...

but the lines... and soooo slow... I mean, hats off to the poll workers, but we've been doing this for how long and we still can't figure out how to speed it up? Then some voters... wow! I thinking now that everyone should have to pass a test/quiz to be eligible to vote (a little about how elections work, how to fill in your ballot, and the basics of how our government works so you understand how your vote fits into how it may affect your life).

Now I just vote by mail. It's easy to sign up for that and no hassles. Costs me a stamp, but well worth the trivial cost!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Bassy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Definitely will be voting next election because I'll be on my own by then and I will be able to change my address to have it where I can vote where it will be easier.
Didn't know about the mailing option. I should vote early next time.

Postby galled » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Now we know who to blame if X doesn't get in! It'll be your fault! :)

On a more serious note, mail in ballot is the way to go. You could always have it mailed to your home (they typically send it a month to 6 weeks in advance so if you go back home every few weeks, you could get it).

Lemon: Someone on the internets was saying that we'll never have a "respectable" candidate again because today, and in the future, there is no more privacy and you're pretty much always being recorded in some fashion. Everyone screws up, does and/or says stupid thing at some point in their lives, so it's not possible to come across as squeaky clean anymore. So is it any wonder that we have narcissists running for office? I always hope that one day someone who truly wants to do some good climbs into the cesspool and runs. The problem is it takes money to run, and once you take money from someone or some special interest, the poop starts to take over. The system is broken...

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Pop Culture