The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Let's Talk!: Politics.. :( Nov. Elections

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Personally I didn't like either main candidate
I have friends on both sides of it, so I see both sides
Trump's in an area he's never been in and his VP reportedly is very anti-LGBTQIA+, and Clinton has that whole email thing
But the president as a position is fairly well figurehead, so who knows if the "build a wall to keep Mexicans out" and "mark/deport/whatever all Muslims" will come to be
Tho I see him and pence noted as FFVI Geshtal (emperor of the empire) for trump and pence as Kefka, the insane big bad that's making all the chaos happen. A more recognizable one would be Pius Thickenesse and Voldemort, same order. Figurehead and controller
But more and more people are getting tired of these two parties and so third parties are getting more headway. If we can break the "only two parties" gig and the "third party vote is vote for not my party/a wasted vote" stigma, it might help
And ol' Georgie did warn against political parties cuz look what happened. Dude knew

And Hitler gained power cuz he seemed to be fairly moderate until he got power. He gained the people by seeming to be one of them to get their approval. History is a mess

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 am

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:50 pm

but we don't seem to learn from the mistakes in history - we just keep making them.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:52 pm

We are notorious for short term collective memories

Postby Polaris » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 pm

I don't think Trump will follow through with the wall though. It's way too expensive to build something so big, especially with the difficult terrain along the border. Plus, I doubt Congress, even if it is Red, will approve building it.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Bassy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:38 am

I hear that he won't really have a massive deportation like he says. I think it's all just bait.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Hero » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:46 am

Kitalpha Hart wrote:Personally I didn't like either main candidate
I have friends on both sides of it, so I see both sides
Trump's in an area he's never been in and his VP reportedly is very anti-LGBTQIA+, and Clinton has that whole email thing

Trump has stated numerous times that he'll work on LGBTQ rights, of course, the media chops off those parts to make it sound like he is against the LGBTQ community.

Kitalpha Hart wrote:But the president as a position is fairly well figurehead, so who knows if the "build a wall to keep Mexicans out" and "mark/deport/whatever all Muslims" will come to be

Trump said some of the Mexicans who come here illegally are criminals, those are the ones he'll deport. He also said the US needs to temporarily stop Muslim immigration from middle east until they figure out how to screen out terrorists.

What did the media get from that & people believed? "HURRRGDURURR TRUMP HATES MEXICANS" & "TRUMPS HATES MUSLIMS HURRRDURRR"

Now you have a bunch of millennials brainlessly rioting in the streets when they don't even know what they're actually fighting for anymore, its gotten to a point that its no longer about rights or equality.

Its gotten to the point where the left seems to think they won the cultural war and there's no need to debate any idea that goes against theirs, if you're from the right you're evil, misogynistic, racist, Islamophobic ect.

And its just so funny how people are so shocked that he won. The polls, journalists, political elite, all jaw dropped, how can everyone be so f*cking stupid?

Its so simple why he won, the left did it. The left have given up on putting any argument across at all, not everyone that voted for Trump is a sexist or racist, some of them are but most of them aren't. Most people didn't vote for her not because she's a "woman" but because she offered no palpable change whatsoever, same old shit. Trump represents a terrifying change but a change none the less. Hillary just protected corporate interests.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 am

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:00 pm

why do they fail to mention that there is a wall already built in places and there are fences already built? All Trump would be doing is extending the wall. If people came across legitimately there would be no need to build a fence.

People fence in their homes and no one thinks anything of it. People buy a piece of property and decide to put up a fence because people are trespassing on it but those trespasser's get indignant because they have been using that property to walk/hike on so how dare the owner. Who is right? Should be the owner but not if you were one of those who are mad that you can no longer use the owners property. Look at cattleman in the old west days who would run off and kill the sheep herders and farmers because they fenced in their property.

Trump isn't saying no access at all - just come through the border crossings legally.

Postby galled » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:37 pm

The wall alone won't be enogh. I think there needs to be citizen reform (do away with anchor babies) and residents reform (who is eligible for free public services)--like pretty much every other country in the world.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz