The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

So... Tokyo Ghoul Fans out there?

Moderator: Ryvvi

So... Tokyo Ghoul Fans out there?

Postby kishatii » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:48 am

Hullo... any tokyo Ghoul fans out there mourning the horribleness of the second season?

Tokyo Ghoul started out with a bang - hot-shot horror anime, frickin awesome graphics... and weird plot. The weirdness only thickens when key elements are left out, and the awesome graphics turn into... pretty generic graphics and many, MANY speedlines. I'd equate it's decline in graphic quality to Kenichi: the Mightiest Disciple, but that's not fair because Kenichi was low-budget and chose to use it's budget on boobs rather than fight-scenes, and Tokyo Ghoul was NOT low budget.

But anyway, the first season ended with a cliff-hanger that, believe me, had me hanging. And thirsty for some more action. So I ended up reading the manga - and then imagining it in anime form. That part where Kaneki breaks that dudes bones one by one was PRICELESS - but wait, where is it? It didn't even SHOW UP in the first episode of season 2... and I was really hoping to see that. It was fairly disappointing waiting for their fight scene, and then getting a dissapointing 'You're her brother so I won't kill you' line.

At that point I was ready to say 'I'll only half-kill you'! and Fangirl all the way to boston... but it never happened.

So yeah... any disappointed TG fans out there?

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:17 am

Re: So... Tokyo Ghoul Fans out there?

Postby Zombie Bunny » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 am

I've seen it, haha. Don't really like much anime though. :>

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 12:17 am

Image Image Image

Postby pachi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:04 am

I read all of the manga but didn't bother keeping up with the sequel 8')
& I've only watched the first ep of season 2... should get caught up--

Postby Dragonball » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:10 pm

I've actually never seen it.

Return to Pop Culture