The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 [Now With Trailer!]

Moderator: Ryvvi

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 [Now With Trailer!]

Postby EduardVDVliet » Sun May 17, 2015 1:32 pm

Just curious to see if any body here watches or will be watching Eurovision next year?

Have you heard of it?
There will be 40 countries competing, in three live shows ( two semi finals and a Grand Final )
Currently(for this year) there are seven countries who automatically make it to the Final (due to the fact five of them contribute the most to make the contest happen (France, Italy, United Kingdom,Germany,Spain), the other is the host country (Austria, held in City of Vienna), and the last is Australia, who is a special guest who is allow to compete this year)
The Semi Finals take place on Tuesday and Thursday, with the Final was Saturday.

SEMI FINAL ONE TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpJTFFSky4

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 pm

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 17, 2015 1:42 pm

hmmm, never heard of it- but maybe because I don't watch much television - wonder if they will show it over here because the U.S. and Canada are not participants? Will check it out though. Do they have to write the music and sing their song to win?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 pm

Postby EduardVDVliet » Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm not sure if they broadcast it over in America/Canada but then again many broadcasters probably haven't got the broadcasting rights. you can watch it on eurovision.tv
Plenty of countries in Asia and Africa watch it as well.

There are certain rules for entrants. Must be at max 3minutes long. Can not be already published (though i think if you reword it enough to make it a new song you can use it). Basically it needs to be written for the contest. Usually, almost 80% of the time the countries hold a national contest to find their entrant. this at max can take up to 2 months depending on the country. Everything is live besides for the backing track with the music, but it must not include human voices, otherwise you'll lose 33% of your points you earn.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Odd that they don't allow back up singers. Not sure about infringement rights by even just changing words and some of the melody, don't think that would work over here - someone would be suing.

- have you been trying to write songs for it?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 pm

Postby EduardVDVliet » Sun May 17, 2015 2:03 pm

oh some have back up dancers, but they can go awfully wrong andthey can either be going faster or slower or you (lovely example is France 2012)
I've only seen it happen once, with my country Ireland, and i think they had the original artist on the writing team soit seemed alright.

Hell no o.o

Postby Ryvvi » Sun May 17, 2015 6:13 pm

AUUUSTRAAALIAAAAAA
im so excited

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:16 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby EduardVDVliet » Sun May 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Lol
I'm rooting for Belgium and a few others this year. not rooting for the favourite to win (Sweden)

Postby ShiroGEM » Mon May 18, 2015 12:04 am

Oh yea! I've heard of this.
I just stumble across some of the songs so I don't really care who wins or not. x3

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 3:16 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Ryvvi » Mon May 18, 2015 1:36 am

i want australia to win obviously xD
im not often a fan of ballads though, so this year australias song is my favourite anyway~
Whats your all time favourite song/performance?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:16 am

Postby EduardVDVliet » Mon May 18, 2015 5:29 am

ive only recently got into the songs for the contest :>

ohhh favourite...hm i don't know...

but i do love Krista Siegfrids' song Marry Me, especially since she wrote it to hint to her boyfriend that she wanted to get married :>

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015 [Now With Trailer!]

Postby EduardVDVliet » Tue May 19, 2015 5:26 am

now with trailer!

Return to Pop Culture