The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

your favorite things

Moderator: Ryvvi

your favorite things

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:12 pm

A place to hang out and talk about your favorite things

One of my favorite things is looking at the night sky.
I love things about planets, stars, the universe, space... so I get excited when I hear of unusual events in the night sky - comets, planet alignments, meteor showers.

Any one gone out and looked at the night sky tonight? This weekend Venus and Jupiter are suppose to be so close they look like they will collide. Let me know if you can see it! Keep me posted if you hear of any other night sky events!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/venus-jupit ... june-2015/

"A second, even more dramatic event occurs on June 30th, when Venus and Jupiter will appear so close together - just 1/3 of a degree apart - that they'll look like a tight, brilliant double star in the evening sky. A small backyard telescope will show both planets in the same field of view.

Jupiter and Venus spend eight evenings within 2 degrees of each other - about a thumb's width at arm's length -from June 27th to July 4th"

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 am

Re: your favorite things

Postby Maro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:41 am

I have so many favorite things but one of them is definitely coffee and a good book.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Diana » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:56 am

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into spring

These are none of my favourite things!

I think my favourite thing to do (as it seems we're talking about here) is make things; and do things all creatively. I like to build and design! In any and all medium!

Site Admin

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:05 am

I love pickles. lol Fried pickles, dill pickles, any kind of pickle. I however don't like cucumbers. xD
I also love lace, dresses, and floral print.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:00 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Maro - do you have a favorite coffee? When I make mine at home it often comes out bitter, am I doing something wrong?

Diana- you have built Windlyn (which I love!) and that definitely displays your artistic and creative abilities, is there any particular one thing that is your absolute favorite?

Hocus - those fried pickles again! I have to try them!! Do you bread the pickles and deep fry them? Do you just fry them in some oil in the fry pan? How are they made? Cucumbers don't agree with me but for some reason I tolerate pickles better, but I like to eat both. Do you sew your own dresses?

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Lemon
No, I'm not a very crafty person. I have a sewing machine, but I've never been able to use it. xD I just hord dresses. I like puffy, strapless, belted dressed. I have a ton of them in my closet! It's gotten to the point where I only wear dresses anymore. As for the pickles you can bread them and fry them. I haven't had them in awhile I might make my boyfriend make some since he's the cook in the relationship. lol

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Hocus, the dresses you like sound like they would be great for dancing in, do you do any swing style dancing?

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Oh no. I don't dance. I have really weak ankles and just standing on them for three hours makes them swell up. Especially the one I broke a year ago, my feet go numb in my toes.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 pm

that is so sad, have you had your foot checked out? I fractured my left foot a few years ago and it still bothers me I am walking or running on it and my right foot has other problems so that my toes tingle but I love to dance around the house anyway. Put on some music and I like to bop around.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:57 pm

Yeah I have. I've always had problems with my feet since I was really little. My ankles cave inward. I actually used to be a dancer throughout my childhood and into my teen years, but ankles have gotten weaker since I stopped. I've lost some feeling in my left big toe, but the doctor said my circulation was fine so I don't know what's wrong with it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:08 pm

shoes make a world of difference - within the past couple years I started wearing natural soul shoes and they are kind of like a cushiony orthotic. If I put on a different pair of shoes I feel it in my feet - hurting terribly it makes me hobble - so I have to wear the naturilizer pair to heal up my feet. Unfortunately the particular pair that work so good are hard to find. Not all sneakers are the same either. Our feet are so important. I danced myself when I was in elementary school but often wonder if that was part of the foot problems. I had to wear arch supports and do foot exercises when I was a kid, my feet hurt so bad sometimes I would just want to cry.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:43 pm

I barely wear shoes anymore. I wish I could just go barefoot. I can't wear tennis shoes they hurt my feet no matter what brand they are.

Postby Cotton Cloudy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Tea is life

Tea is love

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Hocus, I like going barefoot too and unfortunately flip flops are extremely hard on your feet and cause bunions

Cotton Cloudy: how did you get interested in tea? I know I would sit and have tea with my Grandma and my parents drink a lot of tea so I started drinking tea quite young - just never specialized into teas per se.

Postby Cotton Cloudy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Hocus, I like going barefoot too and unfortunately flip flops are extremely hard on your feet and cause bunions

Cotton Cloudy: how did you get interested in tea? I know I would sit and have tea with my Grandma and my parents drink a lot of tea so I started drinking tea quite young - just never specialized into teas per se.

I've been drinking tea for many years as well, I didn't get into extremely seriously until about a few years ago. What completely changed my perspective was the first time I had a loose leaf tea. It was Genmaicha. It was then that it seemed a whole new world was opened up to me :lol:

I found that brewing and tea concepts came easy to me, like everything just seemed to click. I could read up something once and remember it well enough to execute it myself, I'm always experimenting and always constantly changing how I do things though, and I've improved with each new "discovery"

Next

Return to Pop Culture