The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Anime/Manga

Moderator: Ryvvi

Anime/Manga

Postby Oyashiro » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:42 am

I didn’t find a topic like this around, but please correct me if it’s a duplicate! ‘u’;

Is anyone a fan of anime, manga, or manwha?
What was your first series? When did you first watch/read it?
Are you watching/reading anything currently?
What is your all-time favorite series?

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 3:32 pm

• はう あう あう •

Re: Anime/Manga

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Pokemon was probably the first series and I am still partial to the first gang : Ash, Misty and Brock

Postby (-o-) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:07 am

I like anime~ manga makes me sleepy ehehehe ^_^;
The first anime i'v seen would probably be either pokemon or digimon.
I am currently watching Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (on the last episode) and I just finished Servant x Service yesterday. I like too many animes to pick one as my favourite.

and then is your signature thing (hau au au) from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B-k8P667hQ

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:08 am

First series that I didn't see helter skelter? Sengoku BASARA, even tho I'm behind a season
If we include helter skelter, DBZ
First manga? I believe that goes to Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, tho I have only the first three books
Manhwa is Korean, right? I have first book of Bride of the Water God
Currently not watching or reading anything
The subtitle of my hangout is SenBasa, if that doesn't tell you what my favorite series is...

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 5:32 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Oyashiro » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Aah, mine too! It’s really a tie between Pokemon and Sailor Moon, though. It’s kind of sad that they’re no longer using Brock in the show, huh?

(-o-)
Oh, I’ve heard those are pretty good! I’m thinking of picking up Zetsubou.
And yes, my username and signature refer to Higurashi :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJY6TRfvq9s

Kitalpha Hart
Oh! I remember watching DBZ a long time ago, too. I never caught more than a few episodes, though...
I guess you’d recommend Sengoku, then? :grin_wink: I think I’ll give it a shot!

Why aren’t these pings working? :cry:

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:45 pm

SenBasa? I always do ovo
Sengoku BASARA is also a video game series

Pings like to herpaderp here

Postby Diana » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:58 pm

I had a really nice post written up, but then my internet crashed and it didnt' save. In short:
I think my first series was either pokemon or speed racer. I don't know which came first, but I watched both when I was a really little kid.

I don't often get a chance to watch an episode of an anime, though some I liked are durarara, hitman reborn, terror in resonance (only seen a few), and psycho pass.

Manga-wise, HunterXHunter is my absolute, long-time favourite. Although it's a little childish, it's got good characters, action, adventure, and variety in its plots and arcs. Nikelodean (no relation to the TV station) is another one of my favourites. It's very much like the Twilight Zone (TV), with weird stories... Just add cute characters. Also the art is gorgeous! Similarly, Bokurano was also a great manga. Very character driven, but with a cool sci-fi plot-- also Mechs. bam!

I've also enjoyed titles such as Uzumaki, The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor, and Kiben Gakuha Yotsuya Sensei no Kaidan, just to name a few. My manga bookmarks are my largest collection of bookmarks, and I don't want to list them all. haha.

For manwha, my favourites have been Annarasumanara (give it a read if you haven't already! It is beautiful, weird, creepy, cool, and romantic all at the same time), Girls of the Wilds, The Story of Someone We Know, and American Ghost Jack (though I was a little disappointed at how the author chose to direct the later half).

On another note:
I'm not sure why your pings aren't working. The parser we were using before was really, really bad, so I updated it. I'm surprised to see pinging (-o-) worked, but the alpha-numeric usernames worked... I'll take a look into it. I might have messed something up with the spaces, is my guess. The way you are pinging is correct, so please proceed as normal. I'll have a fix up as soon as I can.

Site Admin

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:10 pm

What is "Manwha"? o-o

Postby Diana » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:16 pm

MonkeyGirl18
Manwha is Korean-made comics, like how Manga is Japanese comics. :)

Site Admin

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Diana
Oooh.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Diana wrote:For manwha, my favourites have been Annarasumanara (give it a read if you haven't already! It is beautiful, weird, creepy, cool, and romantic all at the same time).

Ok but Annarasumanara is the best. I don't normal read Manwha/Manga but wow

Image Image Image

Postby Oyashiro » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Diana
Internet crashes are the worst! :cry:
Ooh, you fixed the pings! Thank you! :cheer:
I only watched about half of Terror in Resonance... it was good, but the quality dropped sharply.
Aaah, I loved the Bokurano manga. So many tears. I’m reading through HunterxHunter too. It’s really cute!
I’ll definitely check out Annarasumanara!

Postby Diana » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:40 pm

I watched the first few episodes of Terror in Resonsnance at Anime Expo two (?) years ago, but I haven't had time to pick it up after that. It was looking really good though! I feel like a lot of animes quality drops really quickly. :neutral: I have that problem with a lot of the popular animes, so I end up being really not into them.

Oh my god. Someone else who has read Bokurano! You're the first one I've found! aaaah! <3

For the pings:
It seemed like your quotes were not the ascii quote character (like they weren't plaintext, but some other representation of a quote). Do you use a non-english/non-standard keyboard or were you using a text editor to write your posts or anything like that?
I also played around with it a little more so names with special characters should also work now. :)

Site Admin

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:26 am

My very first series would probably be Pokemon, I remembered watching it in Chinese, waiting until 7pm for it to stream on television. xD But the series that got me to watch more anime was Girls und Panzer.
Currently I'm watching Shokugeki no Souma, it's really weird though so... I don't really recommend it to everyone.
I have many favorites so I can't really say, but Zankyou no Terror (Terror in Resonance) was definitely one of them. I wouldn't say the quality dropped or anything, but it just became more complicated. A lot of my favorites are from Ghibli Studio~

Speaking of Annarasumanara, yES THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER!!!

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 6:32 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lime » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:51 pm

Hm, my first series would probably be Sailor Moon.. Aha. Like everyone else. Err, well first anime I actually remember, anywho.

All-time favourite series.. Ack, I have no idea! I'll have to think about that one. :strain:

What I'm currently watching/reading, surprisingly nothing. I am rewatching Attack on Titan because my mom wanted to watch it, but I don't think that counts as watching something for the first time. c:

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 6:32 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Next

Return to Pop Culture