The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Anime/Manga

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Anime/Manga

Postby npixelz » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:53 am

Diana wrote:I had a really nice post written up, but then my internet crashed and it didnt' save. In short:
I think my first series was either pokemon or speed racer. I don't know which came first, but I watched both when I was a really little kid.

I don't often get a chance to watch an episode of an anime, though some I liked are durarara, hitman reborn, terror in resonance (only seen a few), and psycho pass.

Manga-wise, HunterXHunter is my absolute, long-time favourite. Although it's a little childish, it's got good characters, action, adventure, and variety in its plots and arcs. Nikelodean (no relation to the TV station) is another one of my favourites. It's very much like the Twilight Zone (TV), with weird stories... Just add cute characters. Also the art is gorgeous! Similarly, Bokurano was also a great manga. Very character driven, but with a cool sci-fi plot-- also Mechs. bam!

I've also enjoyed titles such as Uzumaki, The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor, and Kiben Gakuha Yotsuya Sensei no Kaidan, just to name a few. My manga bookmarks are my largest collection of bookmarks, and I don't want to list them all. haha.

For manwha, my favourites have been Annarasumanara (give it a read if you haven't already! It is beautiful, weird, creepy, cool, and romantic all at the same time), Girls of the Wilds, The Story of Someone We Know, and American Ghost Jack (though I was a little disappointed at how the author chose to direct the later half).

On another note:
I'm not sure why your pings aren't working. The parser we were using before was really, really bad, so I updated it. I'm surprised to see pinging (-o-) worked, but the alpha-numeric usernames worked... I'll take a look into it. I might have messed something up with the spaces, is my guess. The way you are pinging is correct, so please proceed as normal. I'll have a fix up as soon as I can.

Is Hunter X Hunter still your fave, di?

My fave is Angel Beats
I also like Hunter X Hunter, My Hero Academia (gotta get back into it), Attack on Titan (same as mha), Fruits Basket (I need to find a site to stream the latest season), Ouran High School Host Club, Horimiya, Durara, Pokemon (as you probably know if you subscribe to the Pokemon Cosplay thread), and a bunch more I can't remember, plus several I want to get into, and one I've just started; Bocchi the Rock!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:13 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby silverberry » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:58 am

Definitely a big fan of anime and manga! The first ones I've watched were mostly shounens and mahou shoujos, like Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Flame of Recca, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Voltes V, Daimos, Sailor Moon, Ojamajo Doremi, and Pichi Pichi Pitch. Not quite sure which one was first - they all aired at local TV stations at around the same time.

Nowadays I lean towards dark fantasy and seinen: Berserk, Dorohedoro, Witch Hat Atelier, Akatsuki no Yona. Though I still do enjoy lighter titles. Natsume Yuujinchou is a big one - I'm looking forward to a new season of the anime. Also currently watching Idolish7!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby npixelz » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:22 am

Oh I love Witch Hat Atelier and Akatsuki no Yona!

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:21 am

I'm watching SpyxFamily at the moment. I love it so much <3

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 12:13 pm

Postby silverberry » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:30 am

Witch Hat Atelier's art style amazes me every time, especially when they look like fairytale illustrations

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 pm

Postby npixelz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:46 am

I need to watch Spy X Family

Ikr

Postby Diana » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:31 pm

npixelz wrote:Is Hunter X Hunter still your fave, di?

Yeah it is! :wink:

Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:13 am

Postby npixelz » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:08 pm

Nice! It's a good one!
What's your favorite arc?

Postby Teethy » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:24 am

I'm currently reading Goodbye my Rose garden!

Postby npixelz » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:57 am

Ooo what's it about?

Postby Arc » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:41 am

I just finished watching Gangsta and it was pretty violent, but sooo good! The season ended on a cliff hanger and most likely won't get a season 2 from what I read, but I want to read the manga to see how the series continues/ ends.

Postby npixelz » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:38 pm

Everybody gangsta till the season ends

Postby Arc » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:53 am

Bruh xDD

I binge watched Migi & Dali yesterday and it's like dark and mysterious, yet weird, quirky, and funny. The first few episodes made me uncomfortable (in a good way), but I got hooked as the episodes went on. I can't wait for the new episodes, I really want to see how the ending unfolds. The voice acting in the dub made me uncomfortable, but I'm pretty sure that was the point. xD

Postby npixelz » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:42 am

Nice

I'm liking the new pokemon anime

Postby Arc » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:32 am

Is that the one with the girl as the new main character?

PreviousNext

Return to Pop Culture