The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

Anime/Manga

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Anime/Manga

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:31 am

Yeeeee

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 7:19 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Arc » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:44 am

It looks very cute. :3

I haven't watched Pokemon since Battle Frontier, I believe. x-x

Postby npixelz » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:22 am

If is

Rippo

Postby Arc » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:27 am

Big Rippo.

I'm currently watching Deadman Wonderland. I didn't watch it when it came out, so I wanted to check it out now. It's good and I don't mind the violence and blood, but it's not captivating me like some other anime have. Only 6 more episodes left, so we'll see.

Postby npixelz » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:32 am

I have one

That may be controversial

But

Well

I don't like keeping my interests from people just to avoid being judged

If I'm judged, then so be it

Onimai
Aka Oniichan Wa Oshimai
Aka Oniichan is Done For

Postby Arc » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:52 am

This?

What's so bad about it and why would you be judged for it? It looks cute. :'O

Postby npixelz » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:18 am

That

The issue is it's an anime about an ero loving neet who becomes a little girl unwillingly. There's nothing inherently sexual going on, but some of the stuff mentioned can be thought of as inappropriate. Plus gender bender manga and anime often get a bad reputation. Also the fact he WAS an adult and I now in the body of a middle school aged girl can have people react to it negatively

Personally I just love the story and I like gender bender and crossdressing manga and anime, so long as it's not made sexual, but I know that kind of thing can be misconstrued as disgusting and perverted

Postby Arc » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:36 am

Idk what ero or neet are. ^^;

But I can see how it could ruffle some feathers with him being an adult in a middle school girl's body. While it may have some controversy in that regard, I don't think you'll necessarily be judged for liking it, especially given the reasons for why you like it. Anime can be so over the top with its weird stories that they're inescapable. I'm sure everyone has a weird anime they like that could potentially get them judged, but if their reasons for liking it are harmless, then who cares about the judgment? :')

Postby npixelz » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:31 am

Ero as in erotic, basically he likes p*rn
And NEET is Not in Education Employment or Training, basically someone who doesn't contribute to society

Yeah, it's the kind of genre where it might be risky to admit you like it. But yeah, if I'm talking to open minded people I don't think I'll be judged, at least not when I explain it, it's just the closed minded people I worry about. Also true, I usually don't care about judgement, it's just that in this particular instance I'm afraid of being called a pervert or even worse, a p*dophile

Postby Arc » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:14 am

Ahhh, I see!

And honestly, I agree with you 100%.

TW:
[+] SPOILER
I've always been scared to admit this, but there's a part of me that is interested in Boku no Pico if I think of it in a psychological sense (if you've never watched it, I'd suggest not to. I've only watched it once, but I don't think I need to watch it again). I don't condone nor support anything in the anime by any means, but it kind of shows the effects of p*dophilia on a child and how that can potentially transpire to hypersexuality in the child's life. The child then takes the learned behaviors and introduces them to other children, which then effects those children and causes them to repeat the cycle. It interests me from personal experience as I was a victim of an effected child as a kid, but thankfully I didn't repeat the cycle.

Postby Arc » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:30 am

BUUUuuttt, to lighten the mood, in terms of manga I've been reading Unmagical Girl. It's a manga I randomly picked up at the bookstore and it's pretty good, but it hasn't fully captivated me enough to want to sit down and read it in its entirety. I find myself reading a few pages and then putting it down, only to come back to it weeks later. Maybe it's cause I'm busy or not really interested in reading at the moment, but surely once I give the book a full chance, the momentum will pick up. I've been "reading" it for about 3 months now. @-@

Postby npixelz » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:44 am

Oh dear

I do the same with books, either I'll be captivated and read a lot, or I'll just read a bit at a time

Postby Arc » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:19 am

The last manga I read that captivated me was Wolf's Rain. The pacing was nice and kept me interested. What's the last book or manga you've read that captivated you?

Postby npixelz » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:06 am

I'd say the Onimai manga

Postby Arc » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:43 am

Nice, nice~ Would you say this is your fav series overall?

Chikyu Misaki is a really good manga I'd recommend. It's a short-ish story with good pacing, character development/involvement, and nice twists and surprises. Also, the background artwork and the art style are so lovely. It instantly became a fav of mine and it had me hooked the entire time.

PreviousNext

Return to Pop Culture