The place to talk about what's new and exciting in the world.

STEVEN UNIVERSE BECAUSE OMG

Moderator: Ryvvi

STEVEN UNIVERSE BECAUSE OMG

Postby charity » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 pm

I love this show a lot and I keep needing to remember to watch it (because I don't watch a ton of TV anymore? so like I forget when hella rad things are on) but DUDE THIS SHOW IS CUTE AND GREAT AND PLEASE LET ME DRIVE MY VAN INTO YOUR HEART. LET ME CRASH IT IN THERE.

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 7:13 pm

Re: STEVEN UNIVERSE BECAUSE OMG

Postby Lime » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:17 am

I love this show so much!

I always LOVED things like Sailor Moon, etc. where there was multiple people of a group, with some kind of special powers/weapons each. And I love the gems that activate them. :) It's always been one of my favourite types of shows!

And I LOVE it! I've only seen a few episodes, Pearl is definitely my favourite. <3 Although I actually almost despise Steven because of how ignorant and stupid he is, LOL. I know he's just a kid! But ugghh.

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby charity » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Sailor Moon is cool. c: I don't ever think I watched much of it as a kid (I had like, one tape?) but even know I can look back at it and think it's really great.

just a question, because you said you liked the genre--- have you ever watched ground defense force mao-chan? it's three girls saving japan from cute aliens. it's... kind of perfect. ouo;;

i see what you mean, but yeah, he is just a kid! my favorite is amethyst. while her "i'll do what i want, when i want" attitude is not practical, i love that she owns it and endures the consequences. c: <3

Postby Lime » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Oh man as a kid, I watched the ever-loving crap out of it. Even now I still watch it once in a while. They're supposed to come out with a new one in 2014 I think.

I've never heard of that, no! It sounds really cute!

But yeah, it's just like-- even as a kid, it's really horribly obvious things that you KNOW you shouldn't do. So it drives me nuts. I always hated the characters that seem to mess everything up. I always call them a "Ben" haha. From the Telltale Walking Dead game- if you've ever played it. He's just this dumb kid that literally messes up everything and gets a lot of people killed (well duh it's a zombie game), but yeah. Mostly everything is his fault. So whenever someone is like that, I usually call them a "Ben" now. Lmao.

Postby charity » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Yooooooo. I'll have to look that up, I didn't know they were doing a reboot!

It is so cute. ;w; It was one of the first animes I watched as a kid (not counting like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc... stuff that got shown on TV) along with A Little Snow Fairy Named Sugar. <3 So it brings back really good memories of being cute and like 10.

Yeah. I can't stand those people in real life, but in cartoons it's kind of charming in a weird way. Especially when, as the series goes on, you see them stop making those mistakes, even if it's just a little. c:

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:28 am

See, for me it's really hard to think that's charming. Ugh, I dunno. I guess when they finally smarten up, I don't know if I can trust them, because all I can think is "You're going to make another huge mistake again. I know you will." and I just wait for it. Lol! Terrible, I know. I hold grudges against cartoon characters.. Haha.

Also yess! They were supposed to release it by like, January 2013, but they never did, and they kept having to push it back. I don't know if this is what it's going to look like, but I keep seeing this picture when I see anything resembling "Sailor Moon 2014":

Postby charity » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:13 pm

that is a very sparkly sailor scout ouo;;;

this is either gonna be really good or really bad.

*crosses fingers for it to be hella rad because i will be hella sad if it sucks*

Postby Lime » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 am

Haha yess. <3 I made a thread about it so I don't go off topic here.

But yess. I'm excited for more Steven Universe though. I hope they come up with more "scouts," haha.

Which is kind of a bummer for me, because I was actually making a story a while back that was similar- VERY similar, before Steven Universe was even a thing. And one character had a shield, and the other gauntlets. So now I'm like, waaah. </3 I can't do this anymore! Haha.

Postby charity » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Ahh, I need to start watching again. I think I'm a few episodes behind. The last one I saw was Opal's first appearance, I think? Oh goshie, I don't even remember. :c

And awwwww. Well, you could rewrite it as fanfic?

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 am

Had to Google it. Amg. A bow. Of course it's a bow. One of the only other things I had.. I'm going to shut up now, because it's going to become real. LOL. There was also one with a hammer (my other favourite weapon), a mace, and a trident. There was a few others, but. Ehh. Dropped now! LOL.

Although to be fair, I also just love bows. I do archery in real life, too.

That's crazy though! I love their character designs, and it's really fantastic. So I'm glad at least I can have a show I really enjoy now.

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Okay, I LOVE Steven Universe!
i know this hasn't been posted in for awhile and i'm sorry for that, but I watched an episode tonight that just cracked me up so much!

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 5:13 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Zombie Bunny » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:01 am

FUUUUUUUUUU Steven universe is sooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute amgggg

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 4:13 pm

Image Image Image

Postby Mousy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 am

YUS! He's helped me through some tough times man.....
Also, I really like the music. Would it be weird if I got their sound effects and stuff as ring tones? XD

Postby pachi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:08 am

the latest episode was heavy, dang.

the music is so good though.

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 6:13 pm

Postby Mousy » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:11 am

I don't know if I've seen the latest episode. T_T
I need to start recording them so I don't miss them.
Do you remember what it was called?

Next

Return to Pop Culture