Lost? Need help? Ask anything here.

How To Tag In Forums?

How To Tag In Forums?

Postby Connor » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 am

Hi All! I'm a bit lost on how to tag someone when replying to their post in forums. I know there's a quote option but I'm not too sure if that tags the person mentioned. I'd like to simply reply to the post without the quote hassle since I do not know how to work it.

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm

Re: How To Tag In Forums?

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:55 am

Hi Connor! There are currently only two ways to mention someone. You can either copy & paste their username by hand and put an @ before it or use the mention button. The mention button is only available in the full editor, not for quick reply, and located in the post history below the edit field:

[+] SPOILER

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:43 pm

good advice Akuyi! Love how you put images ( i have to learn how to do that still).

Connor : in full editor I just put an @ in front of the user's name that I type in (like yours) rather then copy & paste the users name or use brackets...with no spacesbetween the @ and the name... but a space between the last letter of the user name and any other typing.

However, double names like mine are a little trickier... so check out the forum help/support on instructions for pinging to see how to do it.

For me, I am connected to notifications so if I am mentioned or someone posts in one of my threads then I am automatically notified and it shows up under my "you have" tabs . I prefer the notifications since our PM only holds 50 messages and has to be deleted and refreshed to fill in the PM's on hold. But I am ok to be PMed!

Hope I said this right and am not too confusing... :grin:

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

Postby Akuyi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:good advice Akuyi! Love how you put images ( i have to learn how to do that still).

Shhh, it's a secret, but since it's you I'm going to share it with you. It's the
Code: Select all
[img]
tag. Image

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 pm

Return to Help/Support