Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

Roller Skating

Moderator: Ryvvi

Roller Skating

Postby Bassy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:08 pm

So I have these beautiful skates that I bought a few months ago as a treat to myself, they're the yellow Pineapple Moxi Skates.

They look like this:

[+] SPOILER

I have a skateboard too but I prefer to want to learn roller skating. One day I would love to be able to do the skate park tricks but I wanna do a bit of trail skating because it seems easier but I still have a lot to learn. the main thing I need to learn is Crossovers. I can get the bubbles down pretty good as a recommendation on starting crossovers, I even started to learn how to to it backwards without pushing off a ledge or wall from adjusting my trucks.

Anyone else a skater or starting to skate?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Roller Skating

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:00 pm

I have never been co-ordinated enough! (I can not ice skate either). But I admire those who can!

We have skate parks near us - which makes it nice for those wanting a smoother surface.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress! It is good exercise!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 am

Postby galled » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:34 pm

I am embarrassingly bad at skating. I have trouble walking at times too, but we don't need to talk about that!

Crossover I understand. No idea what bubbles are tho.

Good luck in your pursuit!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Diana » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Bubbles are also known as "scissors", "egg shells", "lemon drops", and "sticky skating". It involves using the inside edges of the skates to move your feet apart and then closer together!

Wow, Bassy! You got lucky with snagging the Lollys! I was trying to get some for a long time and they were always out of stock. I ended up getting some black Sure-Grip boardwalks just over a year ago. Then recently got a size smaller and in better colours! My left boot is pink with blue laces, wheels, and toe stops; and the right is pink with blue! I really want to get some Antiks, but they're also out of stock all the time :')

Did you get any cute toe covers or anything?

Site Admin

Postby Bassy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:04 pm

Diana wrote:Bubbles are also known as "scissors", "egg shells", "lemon drops", and "sticky skating". It involves using the inside edges of the skates to move your feet apart and then closer together!

Wow, Bassy! You got lucky with snagging the Lollys! I was trying to get some for a long time and they were always out of stock. I ended up getting some black Sure-Grip boardwalks just over a year ago. Then recently got a size smaller and in better colours! My left boot is pink with blue laces, wheels, and toe stops; and the right is pink with blue! I really want to get some Antiks, but they're also out of stock all the time :')

Did you get any cute toe covers or anything?

They seem to be in and out of stock a lot. But I heard boardwalks were the better brand any way after I got my lollys. Moxi Lollys seem good for the aesthetic at least. I guess the quality is better for boardwalks. I have a Riedell speed skates that I used to wear but i knew nothing about them and only knew that they are good for skating rinks. I had Chicago as my first pair. They were cheap and ripped by an old co worker after one use with her. I used is occasionally.

I want to decorate it sunflower themed. I love the color yellow and I may try Etsy to see some custom toe coverings for them.

Postby Gingerale » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:25 pm

Do you prefer outside or rink roller skating?

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 pm

Postby Bassy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:48 am

Gingerale wrote:Do you prefer outside or rink roller skating?

I’d like to do outside because of accessibility. The rink I would go to a lot if it was closer. I don’t mind either. Since I’m still new at it, rink would be my go to.

Return to Hobbies