New here? Introduce yourself!

Newbie guide

Moderator: Ryvvi

Newbie guide

Postby Zombie Bunny » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey guys! There's a lot of new users with similar questions, so instead of answering them all individually I'll answer ones that come up a lot here. That way we'll have something to link to even newer users with the same questions. If anybody has suggestions of things that would be good in a newbie guide, PM me!

What do the coloured usernames mean?
    Green is a new user, black is a normal user, blue is a moderator, and purple is an admin.

How do I get an avatar?/Where's my avatar?
    We're working on making some super special newbie item sets! Until then, there is no automatic avatar creator when you log in.
    For now, you'll have familiarize yourself with the shops and buy a base and your items and then click the avatar button to equip them. Bases, hairs, and faces are all in the S&S! Click the icon in the carousel at the top to switch shops. Don't worry! We give you a feather bonus when you register so you can afford all your basic needs. ;)

Is there an item list? Of everything that's been on the site ever?

How do I ping?

Why did it take so long for me to get my email?/Why was my username taken? I don't see them!
    The server is sometimes under a lot of load! (We share it with the Studio, sometimes it's our fault and sometimes it's not). If a lot of users are trying to register at one time, a lot of emails need to go out! If your email takes a long time to be sent, chances are it's stuck in a queue! Thank you for being patient and waiting for your email!
    There used to be an issue because we allow multiple accounts per email address, so if you tried to register with your username, got an error, then tried again, it would tell you your username was taken. It would be! By you! There's a new feature to be able to check your username is available before submitting to eliminate this issue. The only other way your username could be taken and you don't see the user with it is if someone claimed it and never confirmed their registration.

Why do I have so many notifications?
    The notifications/Unread Threads button on the sidebar under your avatar is the number of posts you haven't read yet. If you click it, the page you get redirected to shows all threads with recent activity. If there are too many for you, there is a mark all threads button located at the top of the page, as well as a mark all threads button on the top of the forum index.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 pm

Image Image Image

Re: Newbie guide

Postby Zombie Bunny » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Reserved in case we have a lot of questions!

Postby Renee » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:12 am

Thank you for this! I don't have any questions right now but I'll come back to this if I do.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 pm

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:13 am

Of course! Anything to help new users.

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:22 am

Thanks again Zombiebunny!

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby moldywoman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:12 pm

Zombiebunny

hi I am new. I am pretty confused on things so it would be cool if you could show me?

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:28 pm

Zombiebunny we need some me thing explaining the games and the challenges system.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Turtle Sensai
@"moldywoman"
Of course! What can I do for you two?

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Explain the game system.

Postby (-o-) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:18 pm

the game system is broken right now. The only way to earn money from it is if you beat the high score
(100 :Feather: ) or if you win a bet.

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Zombie Bunny » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Well, as of right now we don't have much of a system. We haven't put it at the top of the agenda because of all the time restricted events and other features needed for the site to work properly, as well Diana's general lack of time to work on the site. But we do have some new games working.

Postby Hero » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 am

Hi, I'm new to Windlyn and find this quite helpful, thank you!

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 pm

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby tai » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:26 am

I was wondering if you could
    join more than one 'guild'.
    cos on other sites you may only
    join the one you are most associated with...?

thanks and this guide is helpful ^^

Postby Diana » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 am

You can definitely join more than one guild on Windlyn! They're meant to be clubs for users to share interests and get to know each other in smaller groups, not factions you have to stick to for life. C:

Site Admin

Postby tai » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:37 am

Oh ok!
    that makes a lot more sense
    thanks, diana c;

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon