Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

I got stuck at work for over 23 hours..

Moderator: Ryvvi

I got stuck at work for over 23 hours..

Postby DemonSeed » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:52 pm

No kitten.

I went to work for my shift yesterday and ended up getting iced in due to freezing rain, and my sorry butt was stuck there until 12pm today. I have hardly slept and I desperately need a shower soon. BUT

I get online to unwind before all that adulting.

Anyone else having issues with weather and it ruining their lives for a short period?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:53 am

Workin' On Event Funds!

.1k // ??k

Commons on hold until after All these events.

Re: I got stuck at work for over 23 hours..

Postby galled » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Wow, that's terrible. Glad you're home safe and able to unwind. How many got stuck? I hope you had power, etc..

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Just cold weather for me.
But that's terrible.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 am

Postby Watery Star » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Ugh sorry to hear that. Was there anything to eat? Some place to relax?

I haven't really had any major issues with the weather .*knocks on wood* I did get in a car accident in the rain *shrugs* I use to have a fear of being stuck in my car in the snow.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 am

Postby Maro » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:37 pm

glad you're home now demon! too bad you got stuck, so far nothing too bad weather wise on my end x.x;

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:23 am

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:15 pm

freezing rain is the worst because everything freezes so quickly and they can't salt the roads quick enough can't do much when there is no grip! Better to be stuck and safe, I hope your work was able to accommodate you although it doesn't sound like you even got a nap in! Did you get paid still for being there?

Postby DemonSeed » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:59 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:freezing rain is the worst because everything freezes so quickly and they can't salt the roads quick enough can't do much when there is no grip! Better to be stuck and safe, I hope your work was able to accommodate you although it doesn't sound like you even got a nap in! Did you get paid still for being there?

I tired to nap a bit but.. new area without total darkness makes it hard to sleep xD I did get a call the next morning though, that apparently my boss was tagging on 7.00 more an hour for me while I was stranded.. Perfect for that money goal I had this year xD

Maro - It was awful man..

@Watery Star - We could eat the food that the company buys for our patients, but I didn't want to try to defrost meat that is already really expensive. Like there is no snack foods. :/

Galled - I went and got one lady because though she has a HUGE truck, said she couldn't come in. And I have a Mercury Milan. Not talking off roader here... And when I got her back and then about 2 hours later tried to leave my self, my car was iced to the ground. We lost phones for a bit but we got them back, and we had cell phones so no worries there.

Over all we have 5 patients and 4 staff. And only one day shift person was able to make it in on time. So over all. the day was a bust. I got like 12 hours of sleep last night and this morning so I am back to my weird old self .xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:08 pm

on the bright side at least you were stranded inside instead of in your car. Maybe you need to carry emergency snack food in your car during the winter! Good you can laugh about it and nice the boss is trying to compensate you. Is there a protocol if another event like this happens?

Postby DemonSeed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:38 am

You know, I actually used to have a whole bag of food, extra clothing and such things in my car, but my boyfriend made me clean out my car. Like totally. It was kinda funny and I gave him so much crap for it. He feels awful. :3

But our protocol for work is that if you can not safely LEAVE then you have to stay on the clock and work, or take sleep shifts, which is 4 hours per up to 8 as long as there is two awake staff.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Figures, its like Murphy's law...you can have had the stuff in their until the food expired and not needed it but as soon as you remove it wham that's when you can use it! I guess you'll be putting a bag back in there real soon!

Return to Hinterland