New here? Introduce yourself!

So Cora is new here.

Moderator: Ryvvi

So Cora is new here.

Postby Cora » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:35 am

So, as the title suggests, I am new here.

What do I tell you about me?

My Avatar site history starts with Gaia in 2003, so I am not new to this Realm of places. I mostly quit gaia, at least for all intents and purposes back in 2005 due to a tiff with the staff, don't worry though....I'm not a person looking for trouble, nor do I intend to make any here. My tiffs with Gaian staff are very personal and I don't cause trouble even there. I left instead.

From gaia I branched out trying to find a new internet home. I've tried Magivolve (and was there for the site destruction), Zantarni, Solia, Eryna, Midorea, Trisphee, Lunae Saga and I'm sure there are others I am forgetting the names of. Those where the ones where I spent the most time. Eventually in 2008 I came across Menewsha and am still a member there, eventually raising to the ranks of Moderator.

A friend of mine mentioned here and I thought, why not. So here I am.

From personal life, I'll tell you I am a 27 year old single mother with 2 daughters (Twins) and I work as a software test technician for a medical device company.

I enjoy reading, writing, video games, anime, and Role playing.

Anything else you want to know about me? Ask me! I don't bite.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 am

Re: So Cora is new here.

Postby charity » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 am

hi cora!~ c: welcome to windlyn. we're pretty small right now, still trying to work with some bugs and stuff, but we always love new people! .w.

Postby Lime » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:59 am

Hello! Welcome, welcome! We love to have new people here! Please make yourself at home. :)

I totally understand the thing with Gaian staff- I joined them around the same time, early '04 I think it was. And so much happened, and they are.. Just not agreeable people. Although mine wasn't necessarily "personal" they had a bad habit of ruining everything I had on there a few times over. But it's all in the past now! I still log in once in a blue moon to check my PMs or notifications, but that's about it. So it's nice to see another person around here!

I've played on several avatar sites too, trying to find one I could stick with! Until Diana and I started conceiving the idea of Windlyn anyways. ;) So I've seen/been on a couple of those.

And aw, lucky! I love twins so much, and I always wanted two daughters, or a daughter and a son! Haha. But then two people I knew had twins. One didn't want them, and one was an accident and decided to keep them afterward. The Universe won't allow it now. Lmao! So I'll just have to be jealous. :P

That's awesome, we have forums for interests, and if you want us to ever make ones you think you'd like to see, feel free to always post any opinions, ideas, or anything in our Site Feedback, etc. We're super nice, so never worry! :) And if you like role-playing, you'll be happy to know that Diana and I are working on that a lot, since we both love to as well. We have a whole forum dedicated to it, as well as a "subscriptions" button under your avatar that makes it a lot easier.

If you ever have any questions at all, feel free to post 'em in our help section. It's in my signature. :) Or if you're nervous, just PM me too!

So, welcome to Windlyn! I hope you enjoy it here!

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Cora » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Thank you for the kind welcome's both of you ^.^

I can see that you're small at the moment, but that's not an issue. All sites start small until they grow larger. Even Gaia, the biggest of the avatar sites, was once small. I'll keep peeking around and looking at things and see if there is anything I might suggest that would be useful and/or might be something I know from experience users might like.

Both of you seem very friendly at the moment.

Postby Lime » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Haha yeah, we're tiny, and a little buggy. But it's because this is run by two people- we have Diana, our coder. She doesn't hang around the forums much because she's REALLY busy. But you can see her poking around here and there. :) She's done literally everything you can see- it's amazing!

And then there's me, I deal with all the support, writing, etc. ;) And I love talking to people! So I help out in any way I can when it comes to people in general. We also have a mod, Ghost, who will eventually help me with that when things start getting busy.

But thank you! It means a lot to us. Trust me, community is #1 and we love everyone here. We are small, but it means so much to us to have support from people. And yeah, everybody was small once! We don't mind ooooone bit. :) We do it because we love it, and we love the people. Not for the money.

Postby Cora » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Doing it because you love it is a good trait. Many sites do not have a caring staff and it makes things sad really, and often ends up being the cause for so many people leaving. Eventually, as it always does, Money will be a necessity. My advice, remember who your users are, and what they want. It saddens me greatly when sites lose sight of that.

Also, I like talking to people too. I can be awful chatty at times so y'all might get sick of me xP

But you seem nice. So that's cool.

Secretly I wanna say....I know they are not needed so it makes sense but this is definitely the smallest site I have been on so I was sort of o.0 when you told me there are only three of you.

Postby Diana » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am

Yeah, we're really small. lol. Which is A-OK with me for now, since I'm still making things. Its easier to deal with less people'. Progress has been slow since I'm busy with school and stuff all the time. oTL

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 pm

Postby Diana » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am

Welcome to Windlyn~

Yeah, we're really small. lol. Which is A-OK with me for now, since I'm still making things. Its easier to deal with less people's info. Progress has been slow since I'm busy with school and stuff all the time. oTL

I'm a lurker, mainly, but I'll post every once in a while. so you'll probably see me occasionally.

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 pm

Postby Cora » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:20 am

As I said to Lime, Small is ok for me ^.^

Its kind of interesting to me to watch a site grow. I'll probably stick around for a little bit on that account ^.^

Doesn't hurt that you folk really seem to care and are friendly :D

Postby Lime » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Haha yeah- well, technically it's only the two of us. :P But Diana does all the coding anyways. Ghost is working on her own projects, but she's here to help when we get too busy. Which is really nice of her- thankfully we haven't had to use her assistance yet! :)

And yeah, of course~ I'm so glad to see new people! And haha yes, Diana is a lurker. >w> Watch out~ Lol!

Postby Cora » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Tut, tut, bad lady Diana!

If we were elsewhere, I have a bad habit of pulling people out of hiding XP

Postby Lime » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:12 am

Haha, well we don't mind here! ;)

We have a LOT of lurkers here, so feel free to talk to anyone and everyone!

Postby Cora » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Here, it is not as easy lol

On there it would be that I could see any person in any given thread. And I'd call them out on lurking and pull them into the conversation you see xP

Return to Welcome Wagon