New here? Introduce yourself!

Neeeeew!!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Neeeeew!!!

Postby Iggy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi guys! It's been a while since I was a newbie somewhere, but here I am!

My name is Iggy. I don't know if anyone here came from Ernya or Sapherna, but I am the same Iggy from those sites. I haven't looked around this site yet, but I hope it will keep my interest.

Well then, I'm off to explore this place!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:59 am

Re: Neeeeew!!!

Postby Diana » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello, Iggy!
Welcome to Windlyn!

I think there's been quite a few people from Ernya and Sapherna. Those names look familiar. Maybe you'll run into some old friends. :) To help the rest of us get to know you better, what is your favourite time of day and why?

If you have any questions or need anything, please PM a moderator (user with blue usernames), myself, or post in the help/support forum.

See you around!

Site Admin

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:59 am

Postby Iggy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah since Ernya's close I bet everyone is scrambling around trying to find a new online home. I'm liking the pixels here so far though. >w<

Hmm...my favorite time of day? I guess I like the evening, between 5 and 8. I'm not entirely sure why though. I think it's just because it means the day is winding down but it's not quite night time yet.~

Thanks I'll be sure to contact someone if I run into any questions. >w<

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:35 pm

hey! welcome and stuff ^_^
im one of the blue names Diana mentioned, so yeah any questions :)
i keep forgetting that ernya closed! always sad when a avatar site closes :(

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Welcome to Windlyn, Iggy! We are a friendly little community so don't be afraid to post... I have dice roll game threads where you can earn feathers - or past items if you prefer. Monkey also gives out feathers for winners of her game thread.

Heads up: the items in the Lazarus shop will be going away January 31st to make way for the new events coming up so I would look to get those items first.

You've got time to post like a crazy woman and earn some feathers, just stop by the threads and say hello and that will give you 3 to 10 feathers each time, or start a thread up of your own in regards to something that interests you and that's 20 feathers.

What kind of things interest you? Do you like to draw? Write? Crafts? Cook? Hike? Photography? Sky dive?

Also: Maro has a give away welcome thread for newbies so definitely post in hers.

Postby galled » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:11 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! There should be a new event soon. Hope you enjoy it here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Welcome!
I have a couple of game threads giving out feathers and past event items and I also have a shop open, and I am thinking about making a special deal for newbies, like getting the events there super cheap or for free.

My game threads:
5 Dice
Shut Up and Take My Money Lottery

My Shop:
Monkey's Mini Mall

I hope you like it here!

Postby Iggy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:58 am

Ryvvi
Thanks for the welcome! :)

@Lemon Cheesecake
Thanks! I'll explore those threads soon. ^w^
Hm, well I like to draw, not that I'm great at it though haha. I watch a lot of Youtube and anime, and I cosplay. That's pretty much it for me though. I don't do much lol

galled
Thank you! I'll keep an eye out! :3

MonkeyGirl18
Thanks for the welcome! I'll probably come by and check those threads out later!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 am

what do you like to cosplay as? Do you go to any anime expos or comic con's?

Postby Iggy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:what do you like to cosplay as? Do you go to any anime expos or comic con's?

Oooh lots of characters. Most recently I've done Merida, decora style Sylveon, Mikasa Ackerman, and Gou Matsuoka. And I'm working on Kyubey from Madoka Magica and Wirt from Over the Garden Wall. This weekend I'm going to a cosplay meetup as casual Leenalee from D.Gray Man. :)

I do love to go to cons! I haven't gone to anything since AnimeNEXT over the summer, but this year I'm planning to go to the Philadelphia Cherry Blossom Festival and Castle Point Anime Convention, both in April. And possibly the Hatsune Miku event in May in NYC. Then possibly New York Comic Con in October, if financially possible. >w<

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Wow! do you make or buy your cosplay outfits? Kitalpha is working on one she has posted in her thread.

So many conventions...ya, they can end up being very expensive to go to - especially if you aren't able to buy tickets ahead... so many people too... but some of the cosplay is amazing! Lots of photo opportunities.

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 am

Welcome to Windlyn Iggy!
I was on Eryna, really sad it closed but I'm happy I found this community. Everyone is friendly here, I hope you enjoy yourself here too.

I'd like to see your cosplay outfits if you don't mind sharing. I'm sure there's a place in the hobbies section of the forums for that kind of thing.

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:05 am

Welcome to Windlyn! <3
I used to have an Ernya account as well but I never really got into it because the avi art wasn't my tastes.
How had you come across this site? Did you get recommended by a friend or did you just stumble upon it? I'd like to know. C:

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:59 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:33 pm

-hyper waves- Hey Iggy! How are you! Great to see people from other sites joining here as well! -hugs- ^_^

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:59 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:06 pm

Iggy: How did your cosplay meet up go? Did you have a good turnout?

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon