New here? Introduce yourself!

Ciaosu~

Moderator: Ryvvi

Ciaosu~

Postby LadyGrey » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:48 am

In case you can't tell I've just finished KHR! and now I want to cry. Cry for love of Reborn, the coolest hitman tutor ever. Because it's like three in the morning and for some reason safari doesn't like this website or something (i ended up buying three hairs and three eyes (can I sell them back? do you guys want free hair/eyes that match mine?) i don't know why i just clicked once) I will fill out the questionnaire and see you when it's light out!
[+] SPOILER
What is your favourite food?
STRAWBERRIES! CHERRIES! BERRIES! are love. Though technically the strawberry isn't a berry or something....
(or, alternatively, what's the weirdest thing you've eaten?)
bugs. definitely that chocolate cricket. Shrimp. It's just really weird to me that people eat them, okay?
What are some of your hobbies?
Reading, writing, fanfics, drawing clothes, being crafty and making things in general, fantasizing about anime men?
What are you most passionate about?
Rare Disease awareness. I have a really rare condition called Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, which basically means 'nobody knows why but inside this lady's brain there's too much fluid'. great name XP
Do you have a favourite colour(s)?
Green and Purple (but I'm not the joker)
What's your favourite joke?
Why wouldn't the baby vampire go to the doctor?
Because it was just a little coffin'.
How would a vampire get along with one fang?
One bite at a time.
basically vampire jokes
What's the one thing you can't live without?
my internet connection. I read online, talk to people online, watch shows and movies etc. Internet is the present and the future~ ho ho ho
Do you have a superstition?
I study the legends of my people PX aka norse mythology and rune reading. It's kind of like horoscoping, but with Loki. I solemnly swear that I don't mean movie Loki. Though movie Loki was sexy, legend Loki was super bad bottom. He brought fire to man and managed to keep his head after losing a bet because the dwarves couldn't decide where his neck ended and his head started. That's actually a device now called Loki's Fallacy, the inability to win/prove an object you could not define, which later lent itself to such stuffs as the plot of the Merchant of Venice! proving the existence of uppercase g God is considered an argument of Loki's Fallacy, because no one can decide what 'God' is in order to prove his existence.
When you drop a line, where does it go?
To the depths of hell? cause you drop it like it's hot? like it's hotcakes PX
How fast do hotcakes really sell?
As fast as you can make them o.O especially if they come in different flavors
What did people compare good things to before sliced bread was invented?
the resurrection of jesus christ? how did people live before sliced bread *shudders* all praise the great high lord earl of sandwich.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 11:07 pm

Re: Ciaosu~

Postby Diana » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:33 am

Wow! You answered all the questions! :D
I really enjoyed your vampire jokes. haha.

If you didn't mention KHR in your post body, I was going to. :) Not many of my friends liked it, but I really enjoyed it! (Though, I read the manga, and didn't get very far in the anime). Hibari was actually the first character I've ever cosplayed. :) I take it reborn is yours?

I also dislike shrimp! Everyone I know loves it, so I always prawn it off on them. ;) Seriously though, they're just too freaky. I'll only eat them if they are chopped up and don't look like shrimps...
I have never heard about Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. I'd be interested in learning more, if you're up to making a thread or something. :)
You mentioned "my people" when referring to norse mythology. Are you from Germany/Scandinavia then?

Windlyn is built and tested for Chrome. It keeps me pretty busy with just that, so its functionality on other browsers (especially IE *shudder*) may be unpredictable. Are you using a trackpad, or a touch screen, perhaps? Apple products can be a little touchy sometimes.
You can sell your items! In the headerbar, hover over "Shop" and click on Once Upawn a Time to get started. :)
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask them! You can PM a moderator (user with a blue username), me, or post in the help/support forum.

Anyways, before my post gets too long and I take over your thread with bad puns...
Welcome to Windlyn!

Site Admin

Postby LadyGrey » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:02 pm

So far the only character I've cosplayed is Maraich Juschenfe from Patalliro! Talk about a long wig, but yeah I've definitely started searching for a nice fedora. I'm probably going to have to sew the ribbon into one of my old ones cause I can't ever find the right shape. Hibari is definitely one of the coolest and strongest characters. Did you have a Hibird doll? That little yellow bird was so cute, and it could sing the school anthem! If I didn't have cats....

Shrimp *shudder shudder* I am a... fifth? generation immigrant from Germany I suppose. My great-great grandparents, from Germany and Czechoslovakia came to America right before world war one. My great grandmother was born in Iowa, i think, but she hated being an immigrant so we lost a lot of our history. Since we 're also english, welsh, spanish, italian, and with roots in normandy or scandinavia on another grandparent's side, and not a lot of written history for any part of the world, except that we lived in Canada for five generations, I've started to untangle our family web of stuffs, and that's how I started studying norse mythology.

Yes I'm on a apple laptop so we can blame my trackpad. I'll use another browser if it gets too annoying, but honestly IE has so many problems the people who make it should just start from scratch and make a whole new browser system. so many bugs. they use IE on campus and I'm so glad I can use my computer at school with the wireless and such.

It would be cool to make a thread for IIH! In the meanwhile anyone's welcome to go to http://ihrfoundation.org for more information^^ they've done some good work on building their website, even though it's not that fancy it's got tons of info. Though, going on the website always makes me feel grateful I'm as healthy as I am, since they put the absolute worst cases in the testimonials. They want you to cry and give them money and it works.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Welcome LadyGrey! You chose a great name! Have you tried Lady Grey Tea? I personally like it.

Very lively and enjoyable read through on your questionnaire answers, cute vampire jokes - I'll have to try and remember them!
I Have a couple dice roll game threads you are welcome to join in and win feathers. Chii, a new member, just started one for winning wings. Monkeygirl18 sometimes has a dice roll game as well but presently is inactive as she is busy with University. Check them out under the game threads on the forum page.

We are a friendly little community so don't hesitate to post in the threads.

* I had posted some questions regarding your rare disorder but I will check out the link you just posted and then see if that answers them.

Love your wit by the way.

Postby Diana » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:05 pm

I did! I made a puffball and gave it a little foam beak and some bead eyes. And then I hot-glued it to a pin so hibird could sit on my shoulder.
I can only imagine the struggle with your wig. haha
Have you tried looking at reborn cosplay hats? Some of them don't look too bad. Are you going to make leon as well? :)

That's a cool mesh of family history you have there, and what a great way to get into mythology!

Apple trackpads are a little hypersensitive, I've found. I've got "make shop buttons less responsive" on my todo list, but there's a lot to get through before then. :strain:

LadyGrey wrote: IE has so many problems the people who make it should just start from scratch and make a whole new browser system. so many bugs.

Good news, last month, microsoft pretty much did just that. ;)

Site Admin

Postby Akuyi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:34 pm

I'm a huge fan of Flan. :strain:

Welcome to Windlyn! c:

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:07 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:01 pm

aw, I feel sad that you have to endure the pain, do you have very bad headaches from the pressure? Is it intermittent at least? (you said your symptoms weren't as bad as some people).

Postby Fiel-kun » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:04 am

Hello there and welcome to the land of Windlyn!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 3:07 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
I'm responsible for what I post.
You're responsible for what you understand.

| He/Him | Scorpio | Philippines +8 GMT |
:L_Wing: Play & Interact with my pets :R_Wing:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Postby Xye » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:19 pm

hi there welcome to Windlyn ^^

~Xye the Whimsical

Return to Welcome Wagon