New here? Introduce yourself!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Postby Ingenuity » Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm an ex-Gaian who has been looking for a replacement to Gaia online since I decided to quit Gaia. I hope to make friends here and fit into this place. I like cats and my favorite colors are red, orange and yellow.

My 1st question is how do I make myself an avatar here?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Re: Newbie

Postby galled » Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Everyone is super friendly, so you'll find lots of friends here. :)

To start your avi go to the shops and start with a base. If you need help just ask.

I have never been to Gaia. Why did you quit there? Just curious and interested to avoid any such situations. Do you have any hobbies?

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Chewymint » Mon May 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello! I'm pretty new too. You can buy a lot of things in the shops, including skin base, eyes, hair, and clothes. I was confused at first, but when you click the "The Lazarus" under "shop" tab, you can click on multiple shops by clicking on the different icons. After you buy things, you can change your avatar by clicking on the "avatar" tab on the right.

Postby Ingenuity » Mon May 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Thank you for answering my question and nice to meet you Galled and Chewymint.

Why did I quit Gaiaonline? The Gaian economy imploded and became ridiculous when items costs millions to buy in the marketplace. I used to enjoy buying and selling in the marketplace until the price of items became ridiculous. They also removed the zOMG game that I spent most of my time in when I was a Gaian. I'm not very good at explainations but these events were partly what ruined the fun of being a Gaian for me and therefore I didn't want to be there anymore.

My hobbies are playing online games such as Hay Day, drawing, writing and baking. I used to RP but I haven't done much of that for a while.

Are there any newbie guides that I can read here that provides information such as how to earn gold, etc?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Welcome to Windlyn1

You get to purchase your items from the "shop" tab above. You should gave been given feather currency to start with and you earn feathers from posting in a thread, making your own threads, and participating in events.

Check out the dice roll game threads that I have and Monkeygirl18 has to earn feathers or items.

Akuyi has free items right now for newbies. Maro has free items when she is on too.

It will be interesting to see what choices you make for your avi. We have quite a variety of past items and people who are willing to sell or trade or give a s prizes. Check out the questing and yard sale threads.

Summer is almost here so we should have an event coming soon. What's your favorite summer thing to do?

Postby Ingenuity » Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Thank you for the information Lemon Cheesecake. I came from a country in Southeast Asia where there's no seasonal changes to the weather. In other words, it's summer weather (hot and humid) all year round. Therefore what I enjoyed doing in the summer is exactly what I enjoyed doing throughout the year. :grin:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Here on the south west coast of the US I can't say we have "all" the seasons either...we had summer weather in Feb this year ...but June is usually called "June gloom" because it is overcast until late afternoon and then sticks in the 70F degrees temp. Then sometimes we are triple digits - but fortunately we don't have the humiditiy very much. But it doesn't take long to travel to cooler temperatures so if you wanted to enjoy snow sports in the winter you could.

South east Asia...like Japan? Philippines?

Oh yeah, you can also now earn feathers for playing the games. Check out the game room tab above!

Postby Ingenuity » Mon May 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:South east Asia...like Japan? Philippines?

Malaysia.

Oh yeah, you can also now earn feathers for playing the games. Check out the game room tab above!

Thank you for the info.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon May 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Malaysia! No wonder you like the bright colors! I have never been there but when I think of Malaysia I think of bright beautiful tropical flowers.

Have you traveled anywhere else?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!
I used to go on Gaia too, but I never was very active there to begin with.

We're not that big but we are all friendly here and that's all that matters. :)

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

Postby galled » Mon May 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Ingenuity wrote:Why did I quit Gaiaonline? The Gaian economy imploded and became ridiculous when items costs millions to buy in the marketplace. I used to enjoy buying and selling in the marketplace until the price of items became ridiculous. They also removed the zOMG game that I spent most of my time in when I was a Gaian.

Oh, millions! I can see how that can make thing not fun anymore. :(

I googled zOMG. Is that like an RPG? We only have mini-games now (just introduced a week or so ago), so Diana will probably develop/build that up a bit before introducing more complex games. So much to do, so little time--especially for one person!

I saw you're from Malaysia. That's awesome! I don't mean to get side tracked, but is Malaysia Airlines still in business? :

Server Administrator

Postby Ingenuity » Mon May 16, 2016 10:43 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake:
Yes. I've been to Singapore, parts of the USA (Louisiana and Arizona) and Mexico.

@MonkeyGirl18:
Thank you and nice to meet you.

@Galled:
Yes. zOMG was a MMORPG.
Malaysia Airlines is the flag carrier airline and therefore due to government support, I don't think it'll ever go out of business despite losing two aircraft in 2014.

2nd question: Does Windlyn have customizable user profiles and where can I access mine to modify it?

3rd question: On the login page there is a list of recent guilds but I can't find the guilds after I login. Where do I join a guild and does anyone have any guild recommendations?

Postby galled » Mon May 16, 2016 10:48 pm

Ingenuity wrote:Malaysia Airlines is the flag carrier airline and therefore due to government support, I don't think it'll ever go out of business despite losing two aircraft in 2014.

That explains why they're still around. You'd think no one would fly on that airline again and they'd go out of business!

That last aircraft is still a huge mystery! The latest I read was there were parts washing up on shore on some island in Africa...

Server Administrator

Postby Ingenuity » Mon May 16, 2016 11:11 pm

galled wrote:
Ingenuity wrote:Malaysia Airlines is the flag carrier airline and therefore due to government support, I don't think it'll ever go out of business despite losing two aircraft in 2014.

That explains why they're still around. You'd think no one would fly on that airline again and they'd go out of business!

That last aircraft is still a huge mystery! The latest I read was there were parts washing up on shore on some island in Africa...

The aircraft crashes were most unfortunate. However, as far as I know from researching aircraft crashes, prior to the two crashes Malaysian Airlines had an impeccable safety track record that was marred by those two crashes. People still need to fly to get to places that's more easily accesible by plane and even Airasia (an independent low-cost airline headquartered in Malaysia) had a plane crash in 2014 too. So since it's either fly by MAS or AirAsia, there's not much choices there.

I wonder what happened to the missing aircraft too.

Postby Firia » Tue May 17, 2016 3:28 am

Welcome here~ ^^/
I also was on Gaia a loooong time ago~ good old times :P
*gives some cookies* Have fun here with us ^-^ I love your color combo ~

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon